2 License's...24 points?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2003, 06:31   #1 (permalink)
BOFH

confused 2 License's...24 points??

As some of you may know, I moved back to Melbourne a month or so ago. So, with my Qld license I went into Vic Roads to exchange it for a Vic one (like I did in Qld 8 years ago). When I filled in the form they asked if I had ever held a Vic license. Of course, about 9 years ago or so. So they RE-ISSUED my original Vic license and of course I paid for 10 years. So they look at the Qld license which expires in Dec 2004 and add 10 years to that date! They they give me my re-issued Vic license AND give me back my current Qld license. So now I'm holding 2 license's, a Qld one that expires in Dec 2004 and a Vic one that expires in Dec 2014 (11.5 year license...bargin!)
Now I don't have any points against me on either license so theroretically I really have 24 points.
So what I guess I'm asking is:
If I get a speed camera ticket it will come to my registered address of my car and will probably have to go on my Vic license. However if I get pulled over and get the personal touch could I give my Qld license, say I haven't yet changed it over, and cop the points on the Qld license? I know it sounds ok but if they run my rego plate (which is Victorian) will it come up and say my Vic license number? If it did I might have some awkward moments with Mr. Plod trying to explain why I handed over the Qld license.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Cheers,

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2003, 06:36   #2 (permalink)
spaced out

Re: 2 License's...24 points??

listening to my police scanner some times they ask for a licence check on the owner of the car other times its been by a licence number but i live in NSW
perhaps you might get away with it
Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 06:38   #3 (permalink)
BOFH

I should add that when I bought the car I used my Qld license on the registration papers. Not sure if it matters but it might.

Cheers,

Old 06-21-2003, 06:59   #4 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper
listening to my police scanner some times they ask for a licence check on the owner of the car other times its been by a licence number but i live in NSW
perhaps you might get away with it
GIve it a little time and the Emergency services will run on encrypted radio, they already are in S.A.
Old 06-21-2003, 16:48   #5 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

Just say "It's a friend's car" That should f**k em.
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 16:57   #6 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

Sorry - no soup for you.

If it's the same as when I transferred my WA licence to Vic, you will shortly get a letter in the mail from QLD transport saying "Hi, you've changed your licence to VIC, giz ours back!!"

Tis all linked these days.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 18:20   #7 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Just to add a story here that may be of interest, when I came from NZ and wen to get an Australian Licence I went through the usual thing fill in these forms blah blah, but when it came to the box that says "Is your licence cancelled or suspended in your country of origin" I ticked the No box even though I had 2 more months before it was valid. I was practically shitting myself as the processed it and each time the old guy made a mistake I thought it had tripped me up and I was going to be found out. Amazingly they dont do any checks and only rely on the person telling the truth. I didnt need the licence to drive anyway it was needed as a form of identification as a lot of places wouldnt accept a Passport on its own as ID such as banks.
Old 06-21-2003, 20:29   #8 (permalink)
BOFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan
Sorry - no soup for you.

If it's the same as when I transferred my WA licence to Vic, you will shortly get a letter in the mail from QLD transport saying "Hi, you've changed your licence to VIC, giz ours back!!"

Tis all linked these days.
Yep, thought it might be too good to be true :( Oh well.

Cheers,

Old 06-21-2003, 20:31   #9 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ
I didnt need the licence to drive anyway it was needed as a form of identification as a lot of places wouldnt accept a Passport on its own as ID such as banks.
I didn't have any problems with that when I moved over.

Took me 2 years to finally covert my licence over. Main motivator was buying the SS as I didn't want insurance company asking questions if I stacked it without an Aussie licence.

I then had to wait until I had been home as I still had my old paper licence with a couple extra categories inked in one day we my mates were pissed got it changed over to the new NZ photo licence and used that to change to WA.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 06:23   #10 (permalink)
Ford Member

who says you have to have a license with a real name on it-

I go by the alias's of-

Johnny Louis Johnstone
Colin Arthur Johnstone
Barry McKenzie
Douglas Flannery
Lou Richards
Robert Jerimiah Lee
Vladimir Poplakovich
- *any names mention pertaining to real people is purely coincidental.
Ramrod429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub