220kW XR8 is here - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2001, 20:59   #1 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Well this was to be expected:

220kW XR8 - More Bang, Same Bucks
Hot on the heels of its return to the V8 Supercar winners circle Ford has given its road-going equivalent – the XR8 Falcon - a performance boost by adding a 220kW powerplant to what many consider the most sophisticated locally produced chassis.
"Our XR8 customers have had more power on their shopping lists for quite a while," says Performance Car Marketing Manager, Rick Nayler. "When you combine the 220kW 5.0 litre V8 with the dynamics of the Falcon chassis and a very sophisticated IRS system you've got a pretty impressive piece of machinery."

The engine produces 220kW of power at 5250rpm and 435Nm of torque at 4000rpm. The additional 20kW comes from modifications to the cylinder head, a larger throttle body, matched ported inlet manifold and a revised camshaft.

Rubber, Skirts and Scalps

On top of the XR8 engine power increase, 17" alloy wheels and P235/45 ZR tyres, as per the XR8, are now standard on the VCT-equipped XR6. All XR models now come standard with sporty side skirts and painted rear vision mirror covers.

Bells and Whistles

As well as a new powerplant the XR8 boasts an impressive range of standard features. These include: a limited slip differential, body coloured rear spoiler, power windows, cruise control, air-conditioning and a 100 watt audio system with an in-dash, six-stack CD player.

Options Aplenty

XR owners have the ability to customise their cars with a wide range of factory fitted options. These include: leather seats, a Momo steering wheel and gearshift, an aggressive body styling kit, a thumping 250 watt premium sound system and a premium brake package which includes larger diameter front discs and calipers.

Recommended Retail Price

The 220kw XR8 recommended retail price remains unchanged from pre-upgrade models, the manual will retail for $45,828 and the automatic version $46,548.

GREAT NEWS GEOFF!!!!!!!
RPO83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2001, 21:46   #2 (permalink)
Formerly J-type

Ok whats a aggressive body kit? is it something we haven't seen before. Though finally the normal bodykit is now standard on all XR's :thumbup: .

Is the engine the one out of the T-Series or what?

Someone please explain the above - Discovery or someone that has some official knowledge. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 21:57   #3 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

From drive.com.au: "...modifications to the cylinder head, a larger throttle body, matched ported inlet manifold and a revised camshaft..." - about what they did to get the T's synergy unit to produce 220kW.

I haven't seen the bodykit yet but when photos are released I will post them up.
RPO83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 22:00   #4 (permalink)

Excellent news. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Hopefully the extra sales will balance out the lower margin. I guess we have all been asking for it, but I was surprised it happen now and not later in the year when the T series gets the stroker.
Aussie Pete have you ordered your XR8s yet?
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 22:21   #5 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

for an extra 20kw, I wont be racing to buy one in a hurry. if it was an extra 50kw - 60kw I might think about it. I'll bide my time till something good comes along.
300kw I'l get excited.
Old 05-07-2001, 22:58   #6 (permalink)
gone

I'd have to agree with the Doc

20kw does nothing for me.

We really need to see at least 50kws and a lighter body.

Whats everyones thought on body kits, i'd like to see something wild come out of Ford.

And Btw, has anyone invited Polites directly to view this board as yet?
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 23:18   #7 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

I might send a nice e-mail. have to word the thing politically correct and with business acumen.
Old 05-07-2001, 23:21   #8 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Laminge,

I think we should note that at least ford are taking action about the horse power deficiency. I know why it's not news to you cause you got over 300kw. :thumbup: :thumbup: I think if we'd expect 300kw of an XR8 we'll have to wait a few years.

All we need know is the stroker 302....

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 23:22   #9 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Good news and a step in the right direction but 20Kw won't really make much of a difference.

It's still good all the same
:D :thumbup: :wink2:
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 23:22   #10 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by laminge
Whats everyones thought on body kits, i'd like to see something wild come out of Ford.
And Btw, has anyone invited Polites directly to view this board as yet?
I'd love to see something wild from Broady. I think the "aggressive" bodykit is he standard one they have now.
GP has been told about this board along with several members of the marketing/customer feedback group as well.
While it might not be a massive gain power wise it is still a gain nontheless. The XR8 gets the most powerful engine Ford has at the moment. I think it's great news, and even better news 'cause there's no price rise!.
Well Done Blue Oval... :thumbup:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub