250KW, 347Ci T-Series - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2001, 20:38   #1 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

250KW, 347Ci T-Series

In the latest issue of Street Machine it says that the stroker T-Series will have 250KW.
The 250KW output of the stroker engine exceeds the durability of the locally-built T5 five-speed gearbox and so provides Tickford with the excuse to install the Mexican-built T56 six-speed gearbox. Together with lower diff gears ( 3.7 or 3.9:1 ), the tough Tickfords should finally have the grunt and gearing to be a straight-line match for HSV's 255KW Gen 3.
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2001, 20:47   #2 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

have'nt read the article myself, who did the interview and to whom. or are they stabbing at figures in the dark.
Old 06-27-2001, 20:54   #3 (permalink)
Turbo Pilot

IF all this information was true and accurate, I would be very disappointed that members of this forum would have to wait for Magazines like Street Machine to hit the newsagent to find out facts about upcoming performance models.

Since all that has been seen so far on FF are hints and innuendo Hopefully this is just speculation, as is Motor Mags prediction of a 260KW stroker, because it would be real nice to at least think that information like that would be posted here before it was published.
AZTECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 21:03   #4 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

Street Machine Magazine is biased towards Holden anyway. Most of the journo's drive the latest HSV's and SS's. Gifts from the General no doubt, for favouritism. I would go for Motor Magazine's stroker story, only because of the reputation and the "sometimes" honest opinion of the writers. Ewan Page tells it like it is. Wheels magazine would be another good mag, if not for Peter Robinson at the helm, it too would end up like Street Machine Magazine.
Old 06-27-2001, 21:18   #5 (permalink)
Formerly J-type

Year I wouldn't believe too much of it my self.
I would think Ford would want to be ahead of Holden in the HP stakes anyway.
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 22:30   #6 (permalink)
Mistress Death Metal ;)

Quote:
Originally posted by THE DOCTOR
Street Machine Magazine is biased towards Holden anyway. Most of the journo's drive the latest HSV's and SS's. Gifts from the General no doubt, for favouritism. I would go for Motor Magazine's stroker story, only because of the reputation and the "sometimes" honest opinion of the writers. Ewan Page tells it like it is. Wheels magazine would be another good mag, if not for Peter Robinson at the helm, it too would end up like Street Machine Magazine.
Dunno about that DOC. I have a friend who is an associate editor at Street Machine Magazine who has very blue blood and he tells me he is definately not alone in the office. I haven't noticed a strong bias either way in the magazine. I guess it is all a bit like the Summernats event. I always hear the complaints about the fact that there were more Holdens than Fords entered... but what can you do? That's what people enter, it drives us in scruitineering crazy when so many of the same type of vehicle come through. Believe me, we get pretty tough on the cars when we have so many of one type entered and a lot of them are either rejected or given restricted entry (ie NO driving allowed inside the complex, car enters and is parked for the rest of the event).

I will try to find out where Street Machine got their info on the T-Series stroker output and let you know.

Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 22:50   #7 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

Street Machine is always about a month behind when it comes to new car news or rumours. The 250kw news has been around for ages, my god it came out in Motor a few months ago.
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 23:04   #8 (permalink)
Mistress Death Metal ;)

The 250kW figure is a figure that has been thrown around for some time now. Whether it is true or not, I guess only time will tell.

I think it is a good thing that the proposed T-Series stroker is being written about in these magazines and that suggested output figures are being thrown around... if it gets people talking about Ford, this can only be a good thing :D

Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 23:32   #9 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

I guess atleast we know that its true, they can't let it get this far and then drop it.
If they did we may have to storm FoMoCo HQ and take over the place.
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 23:42   #10 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

eek

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam W
If they did we may have to storm FoMoCo HQ and take over the place.
Sshhhhhhhh!!!! You're giving away the details of the October trip!! Seriously though, I'm glad to see Ford taking the fight upto HSV.. god knows we can kick there arse.. now it's the publics time to know..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub

Related Reading: 250KW, 347Ci T-Series