4 Door Monaro - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2002, 09:03   #1 (permalink)
Go Nuts in Your Falcon

4 Door Monaro

I have just been informed by my brother that there is a new 4 door Monaro. Hahahaaha. NOT

A bloke bought a normal commodore S, and has rebadged it with Monaro badges, and people are gullible enough to believe it is a 4 door monaro. He claims he paid 80 G for it. I guess people in North queensland are gullible.

What would the point of a 4 door MOnaro be, it's bad enough the two door looks like an S or SS commodore.

Just thought this was a funny story!

Later
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2002, 18:12   #2 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Re: 4 Door Monaro

Quote:
Originally posted by FordACE
I guess people in North queensland are gullible.
Nah, man. Just Holden people! Not including the nice Holden gents who frequent this board of course and keep it interesting!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 20:15   #3 (permalink)
On The Edge Of Adhesion

Who says people in North Queensland are gullable . More like some people up here that like cars from the dark side would be gullible enough to belive that a 4door Monaro exists and it cost 80G:bs3: .
And how about the guy who did his Commodore up with the Monaro gear in the first place .
V8RUMBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 20:44   #4 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

Mate - I'm not making excuses here, but there are some farkin knobs who own Holdens and do this sort of crap to them.

However I dare say the would be a equal percentage of similar knobs owning Fords.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 21:37   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

I thought these people were called dealers!!!

It wouldn't suprise me if dealers in Queensland are putting monaro bits onto VT/VX/ commodores and selling them as 4 door monaro runouts..

I heard there was a ford dealer up there putting XR fronts onto anything as a extra cost option, anything, wagon, forte, fairmont, fairlane, LTD..

What would you rather, a VT series I executive, or something called a Monaro! With Monaro headlights, tail lights, side skirts, alloys. only $5k above what normal VT series I executive costs.

Can't be as bad as that car that was a Ef and had AU front pannels.. Atleast they aren't using bog for modifications.
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 22:16   #6 (permalink)
Go Nuts in Your Falcon

Well.........the town i'm talking about is Ingham, just north of Townsville. but yeah, people actually believed it was a 4 door Monaro, that is the funny part. and my brother asked me about it on the phone the other night, and i was like, "what the hell would the point of a 4 door monaro be", and about the price i was like, "geez, that's a bit rich, nearlly the cost of a GTS". and i told him it was all a crock of S**T

Paul
Old 06-03-2002, 22:26   #7 (permalink)
Ford Member

my old man travels a bit and told me about some of these weird queensland dealers.. There must be a market for things up there like that.. Dam queenslanders.. closer to the equator you get the weirder people get.

Im pretty sure no one paid $80k for it. I guess some people like there cars to be talking points.

I personally don't see anything wrong if you want to make your VT look a little bit diffrent and install Monaro headlights, or if you have a VX and want the monaro tailights to install those. Its your car, do anything you want to it. Paint it pink and brown and call it herbie for all I care. You will look silly however.

I only have problems when people start spewing crap about there car how its now worth $90k, is 400 times faster, etc.. it doesn't work like that.
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 00:05   #8 (permalink)
Barra

Re: Re: 4 Door Monaro

Quote:
Originally posted by 3Toed

Nah, man. Just Holden people! Not including the nice Holden gents who frequent this board of course and keep it interesting!

i had a few arguments about that.
I managed to talk a few people into beleiving there is a four-door Monaro. When ever I saw a S or SS, i said," hey theres one"

And they believed me.... hehe
Old 06-04-2002, 00:09   #9 (permalink)
Go Nuts in Your Falcon

Re: Re: Re: 4 Door Monaro

Quote:
Originally posted by Barra

i had a few arguments about that.
I managed to talk a few people into beleiving there is a four-door Monaro. When ever I saw a S or SS, i said," hey theres one"

And they believed me.... hehe

Yeah, doesn't take long to trick people, all the commo's look the same.
Old 06-04-2002, 01:52   #10 (permalink)
aurora

That's like some people i met years ago who got some of those 5.0 litre SS badges from Holden staff at Elizabeth and put them on there 3.8 litre executives and one guy even put one on his Gemie.
AU Panels on an EF. Man that car would stand out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub