4 Lane Freeways to Brisbane - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2004, 02:19   #1 (permalink)

4 Lane Freeways to Brisbane

About time we started to see some decent freeways here... I just wonder if there will be revenue cameras all the way along... If so, then what's the point? You might as well start driving there now, and hopefully you will be there by the time the freeway is complete in 2016!

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E1702,00.html
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2004, 02:24   #2 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

Re: 4 Lane Freeways to Brisbane

yeah camera's suck
i recon aus should make 1 or 2 lanes on freeways where you can go what ever speed you like just as in germany
the gov is a tight arse !!!!!

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

In Progress: EF door trims

Pics Here: www.edwagon.tk
mad_ea_spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 02:25   #3 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

yeah no doubt there will be no less than 10000 cameras as well to pay for it.
speed should be 110kmh too.
Old 06-07-2004, 02:27   #4 (permalink)
BOFH

I'm not worried about speed cameras on it, I've seen Aust road makers in action and I'll never live to see it finished
2016 my arse, try 2054!

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 04:07   #5 (permalink)
rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I'm not worried about speed cameras on it, I've seen Aust road makers in action and I'll never live to see it finished
2016 my arse, try 2054!
Bloody hell, atleast they get it done. In the Waikato, NZ, the ****wits started building a motorway, replacing one of the most dangerous stretches of road (actually, a goat track would better describe it) in the country. It was only halfway into the project when they realised the bloody thing was sinking. They had started building it on a swamp or something. If you drive past it today, you will see an unfinished bridge going into the side of a hill
rwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 23:04   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd
Bloody hell, atleast they get it done. In the Waikato, NZ, the ****wits started building a motorway, replacing one of the most dangerous stretches of road (actually, a goat track would better describe it) in the country. It was only halfway into the project when they realised the bloody thing was sinking. They had started building it on a swamp or something. If you drive past it today, you will see an unfinished bridge going into the side of a hill
Yea wasnt that bloody hilarous, not to mention the fact that the roads from Paramata are bloody shit house, they straighten that road by the cemetary which wasnt that bad in the first place but they wont build Transmisson Gully which is like the only smart decision they could make.... now if it was Auckland they would get it right away. John Banks is a dickhead by the way
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 23:07   #7 (permalink)

that will suck... 110km/h ona 4 lane wide highway...
imagine having that to yaself one morning at 2am, it would be sooooooooooooooo boring!
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 23:09   #8 (permalink)
BOFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
imagine having that to yaself one morning at 2am, it would be sooooooooooooooo boring!
You see, that way you fall asleep, crash and die. Then they get to blame speed as the cause and put up a few more cameras. Seems logical to me, pity people have to die!

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 23:24   #9 (permalink)
Poor Uni Student #7671623

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
Mmh, reminds me of the westgate freeway in melbourne - in some places its 5 or 6 lanes wide! But still only limited to 100km/h :(
Luckily, there are only cameras on the bridge, and not the rest of the freeway - no doubt that'll change eventually
perkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 23:45   #10 (permalink)
SBR Supporter

Wheels even said that the boss of AMG from Germany says the speed limit here is so low it puts you to sleep. They don't have Stop-Revive-Survive in Germany.

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub