429 Motor - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 10:52   #1 (permalink)

429 Motor

i am attending college to be trained to be a ford tech. one of our projects is we have to write a paper on any motor that ford has produced. i picked the 429. i was wondering if you all could help me look up any information on this motor

Like:
Was it developed from a previous motor?
Does it share the same block with anything else?
Whats unique about it?
Applications
varieties, and how they varried
engineering problems does it have
factory specs (touque, Horsepower, compressions etc)
Common modifications (factory and aftermarker)
will the componets swap to other motors
racing applications

thanks for the help
flamehead_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2008, 08:47   #2 (permalink)
Ford Member

Re: 429 Motor

wooh wooh wooh. too many questions at once umkay. first of all sounds like this thing has a rusty endometrium. if u replace that u most def hav to replace the cervix. but thats just my calculations.
Old 04-16-2008, 20:37   #3 (permalink)
BIRD of PREY

try this site. real nice bunch of guys.
460ford.com :: Index

bird of prey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:31   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth_1 View Post
wooh wooh wooh. too many questions at once umkay. first of all sounds like this thing has a rusty endometrium. if u replace that u most def hav to replace the cervix. but thats just my calculations.
i asked simple questions about information, nothing more
flamehead_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:32   #5 (permalink)
Always the student

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamehead_16 View Post
i asked simple questions about information, nothing more
Just ignore Pottyman, he posts every now and then to prove his ignorance and lack of maturity. I don't think he know's which way to turn a bolt.
Welcome to the forums!
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:08   #6 (permalink)

mad Deadly Explorer

Hello all. Joined this forum for the sole purpose of sharing a story that Ford "enthusiasts" might find alarming. My '05 Explorer's engine cut out without warning, causing all loss of power steering and brakes. I was on a twisty California coastal highway when it happened, was barely able to wrench the wheel and stay on the road. Coasted to the side, took out key, then turned car back on. No problem, it ran fine, until nearly home. The whole way I'm thinking, "Geez, I could have been killed!" Any way, it died again, without any warning, but I was going slow, and it was not a problem, except this time the service engine light, wrench icon, and digital display warning "failsafe engine mode" appeared. It started after a few cranks, and sort of spluttered and lerched home, dying twice in the final mile. So I had it towed to Ford dealer in the morning. They were able to determine that a belt slipped off the pulley but continued to function as it rode on the dampener attached to the pulley; damaged the dampener; and damaged the sensor, causing engine shutoff. They were not able to explain why the belt slipped off in the first place. Nor were they able to explain why the first time it happened, no warning lights came on, and the car worked as normal. The service department at Walnut Creek Ford in California where i bought the car were great: fixed it all for free. But I told them, I just don't feel safe in this car. Who's to say the same thing won't happen, and I may not be able to control the car next time? How can there not be some type of failsafe for this sort of thing? I tried to contact Ford directly, and they completely ignored me. Web research shows i'm not the only one this has happened to. I tried to get the dealership to help me payoff the loan balance on the explorer: help me pay it off, not just pay all of it. I was then willing to finance an Escape Hybrid with them, despite all that had gone wrong. I just wanted to get rid of what i feel is an unsafe car, and get them to help defray some of the expense of doing so. They told me they could get me x-plan (employee-rate)pricing on an scape, but the price was no cheaper than MSRP. They also were unwilling to budge on a lowly trade in value of $8500, when my research shows they could probably get $13k, maybe $14k for it. they also lied to me and said my credit was not very good and they could not give me a low interest rate. All of this after I've spent my adult life buying only Fords, from only this dealer. I'm shocked and stunned that Ford ignores this, does not acknowledge any problem, and that the sales staff at the dealer is unwilling to help. Despicable. I will now take out a loan to go further into debt simply to pay off the Explorer balance so i can walk away from Ford forever, a once loyal, now totally dissatisfied customer.
flarry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub