5 Rescued FireFighters, anyone know whats the deal? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2001, 11:21   #1 (permalink)

5 Rescued FireFighters, anyone know whats the deal?

I know that this isnt probably the best place to put this question but here goes...

On Friday morning (like 2-3am - midday Thurs US Time or so) I was watching Channel Nine's un-interrupted coverage on the WTC disaster which was showing coverage from the ABC network in the US. At one point the ABC cut to some late-breaking news of the rescuers finding 2 alive Firefighters in the rubble. And the host was talking to journo on the phone who was at ground Zero who was bringing everyone up to date on whats going on. In the background you could hear the rescuers cheering an clapping.

Channel 9 later changed their coverage to the CNN Network who also later also announced that some FireFighters were found in an SUV which has been buried in the rubble, but this time they announced there was Five alive, 2 of them walked away relatively uninjured.

Later that day (midday or so??) ABC network showed footage which had been taken by a Rescuer showing atleast 2 of the rescued Firefighters not long after they had been dug out of the rubble. They were shaking hands and hugging with their rescuers.

Later (afternoon) when CNNs coverage was on they were denying that ANY firefighters had been rescued and offered no further details.

On Friday night (I think) and Saturday morning ABC were also now saying that there had been no Firefighters rescued.

So whats going on? Has there been any reasonable explaination been given for this?
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2001, 16:09   #2 (permalink)

From what I understand, there were firefighters rescued alive...I dont think anyone has been found since. Here in California, you cannot escape the news...its everywhere, 24 hours a day on most stations. I stopped watching except for a couple mins a day.
Old 09-15-2001, 19:17   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

It would'nt surprise me if details are sketchy, even now.:(
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 23:08   #4 (permalink)
Rail Rider

While 5 firefighter were searching the rubble they fell into under the rubble shortly after were found and pulled to safty. They were not in the inital collapse.

That was on the radio on thursday.

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub