60 Minutes crap!!! Young drivers - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2004, 03:09   #1 (permalink)
Ride like the Wind

60 minutes young driver thing

talking about passenger and night restrictions again, when will they get it through their thick skulls that perhaps we need to be trained better, I mean FFS if they bother to put some money into our skills maybe we could be a little better at it, if this fails then they can apply restrictions, but I believe better driver training and continual tests (every 5 years for example) would do wonders for young drivers and old alike.

(And it would be nice if they told drivers that there were these weird little things with two wheels that also use the roads to save them trying to kill me everyday lol )

Thanks,
Brett

PS: little bit peeved off atm, if there is another thread then feel free to delete or merge, or if the topics been done to death then delete it :D

Barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2004, 03:16   #2 (permalink)
.au member

Re: 60 minutes young driver thing

Yeah, I'm not watching it but i will be getting a transcript of it, as well as a copy of the study the RTA is doing into the whole thing, and making one hell of an outcry.

Lets not get into another 'pros and cons' thread though - it has been done many, many times now, all with the same results.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:17   #3 (permalink)
Sex on wheels

60 Minutes crap!!! Young drivers

After watching it tonight, I can't believe they still can't get it right.

YOUNG DRIVER TRAINING!!!

Restrictions wont help and it's blatently obvious. Shanes car was overloaded anyway, how would a passenger restriction helped if he knew he was already breaking the law. How would curfew helped if he was heading to the fair during daylight hours.

If Sixty Minutes can't find case that relate to the proposed laws from the 10,000 or so teenagers that have been killed on the roads in the last 15 years, how the hell is the story even relevant!!!

DRIVER TRAINING
DRIVER TRAINING
DRIVER TRAINING
DRIVER TRAINING
DRIVER TRAINING
DRIVER TRAINING
DRIVER TRAINING
DRIVER TRAINING

Click here to see full size avatar....

Autos are for lazy drivers
GTPChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 03:20   #4 (permalink)
Roll, Crash and Smash

Re: 60 Minutes crap!!! Young drivers

For those whp didnt see it, whats the general gist of it?

AMBROSE CHAMPION AGAIN IN 2004
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 03:24   #5 (permalink)

i know aye
i was watching that, seriously how is a curfew going to work, every one i have spoken to about it says they are just going to take there p's off, i mean, what will happen with desiginated drivers, people who do pizza delivery, someone who is going over to there g/f or b/f's house, people who just want to go for a cruise...
i mean its stupid

Protien, Creatine, and other supplements all below retail, PM me for a price list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
...his sheep shagging buddy with the loser sideburns.
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 03:27   #6 (permalink)
Old Grunt

I fully agree, training is the key, but why stop at teenagers? How about we all have to undergo driver training every five - ten years. I think it fair to say we have ALL been in a situation where we have been in a car, overloaded or not, and the driver, encouraged or not, thinks it cool to push just a little too hard. It was obvious from the report in the Sixty Minutes story there was no real evidence of carelessness other than going too quick round a bend and in that relatively simple situation, driver training would have made it either a non-event or a correctable mistake.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:29   #7 (permalink)
well hung

Typically they interviewed a bunch of marios ripping burnouts infront of the camera. How about they interview some educated younger people on the matter for a change.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:29   #8 (permalink)
Another Ford Driver

Re: 60 minutes young driver thing

Yah, can't say i'm too happy about the idea of night driving being banned for P-platers. My question to the pollies would be: "Are you guys aware that there is life outside of Sydney? Like you know, people who live in the country maybe a fair way out of town who have NO CHOICE as to whether we drive at night?" I'm sick of being chucked in a stereotype with a bunch of ET pulsar driving idiots with no skill, intelligence, or respect for anyone. (I'll have you know I'm an XE falcon driving idiot thank you very much!).

Better, more easily available driver training would a very big plus. It would be very interesting to see what the effect of some good training would be on the road toll. None of this insurance company sponsored training BS either, a while ago on here I was reading about on course that was teaching locking up the wheels as the BEST way of stopping in a hurry? .

This topic has been done many times before but it is still a very relevant and alive issue. Young drivers are crashing more than any other demographic. From the ground looking up at the problem it looks to be the result of a collective bad attitude and a lack of skill. God knows what the politicians think is causing it but the measures they've taken so far have had very little effect other than to piss people off. I'm going to be contacting my state member to question his sanity in supporting the transport minister's position and I urge you all to do the same.

Neil

BTW, nice lookin bike ya got there Barefoot.
pandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 03:30   #9 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Merged Barefoot's "60 minutes young driver thing" thread into this one.
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmatic™) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothman™.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 03:31   #10 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

But it seem's to be working in NZ, acording to their fact's, I believe that driver training is the foremost important with to be put forward to reduce the fatalities,but there should be other cause's put forward as well,something obviously need's to be done, for a start I cant believe that in NSW you can get your licence at the age of 17,this is just to young with our ever increasing imature population.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub