Absolutely STUPID drivers. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2001, 04:08   #1 (permalink)
100% Speeding (when safe)

Absolutely STUPID drivers.

On the news tonight there were 2 crashes that were just, well avoidable if anything was.

One, a Toyota Tarago crashed. What happened? A 17 year old was driving, he had 11 mates with him!!, then he rolled it, and put the lot of them in hospital!!. Thats 12 people in a 7 seat van.
Only the driver had a seat belt on.

The next one was where there was road works. Cars were stopped waiting for the council worker to turn around the sign to move off slowly, when a Semi trailer came at full speed into the back of them. It ran over 2 cars, and knocked 2 other cars off the road. 4 people killed.

Its this sort of thing that kills people.
People not paying attention
People falling asleep
Its people with no seat belts too. (something like 20% of the road deaths include where no seat belt is worn, even though they represent maybe 1% or less of the drivers)
Its people not giving way
Its people driving drunk
its people who cant drive
These people just shoulnt have licences.
These are the people that die and cause deaths not
people driving carefully at an appropriate speed.(even if over the speed limit)

C'mon Police and Beaurocrats, look at the real picture. Put more resources into people not stopping at stop signs, running red lights, etc. Its where the real deaths happen. Not Speed. Speed is just for revenue.

All these types of offenses happen way less often, so there wouldn't be much revenue, but.....they cause the deaths!!
Is that why they arent looked at seriously?
anyway, thats what I reckon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2001, 04:13   #2 (permalink)
BOF

ED, your signature sort of doesnt fit the thread, after reading all that then the last line is
Lets get sideways!!
I agree with what you are saying though.
BOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 04:23   #3 (permalink)
100% Speeding (when safe)

I do speed and get sideways, but only when its safe. And I do race autocross rally cars.
Old 10-16-2001, 04:50   #4 (permalink)

amen brother!

it's all about damned revenue! >:(
MrPlow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 05:47   #5 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

I hope there were signs out down the road for the truck/traffic to know of works..One of the first signs should read prepare to stop,way back 150 m..work cover/R.T.A rules..For every one that works on side of road[worksite] including lawn mower busness etc..
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 06:56   #6 (permalink)

Re: Absolutely STUPID drivers.

I totally agree with you when saying that most accidents are caused by drivers who -

Don't know how to drive
Fall asleep
Not paying attention
etc etc...

One thing that really gets up my spine is the fact that some people have no idea how to drive. I would consider my self to be a fairly decent driver but I have lost my license due to accumulation of points, now my second time :(, yet I have never been in an accident. Police should really be targeting people who can't drive in a straight line and people who can't even maneouvre there little poxy excel into a car park in one swig. For christs sake I can reverse my XF into any parking bay on one go and these silly people can't even park the excel... what the hell is that about?!?!?!

If anything, i now consider myself a fairly advanced driver and i reckon I could possibly avoid hairy situations. For instance, a few months ago i was nearly involved in what could have been a fatal accident. A car pulled out of a side street, so i took evasive action, braked heavily and swerved to miss this car, resulting in a fish tail. Very frightnening stuff at 100km/h. Luckily i kept control of the car but ended up being given the finger by the other crappydoor driver. Unfortunately, a cop saw me fish tailing and i got slapped with a careless driving charge. :( He wasn't even interested in my side of the story. We'll see wat he has to say in court next week :)
Futura97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 07:29   #7 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

I have only had one accident in my car, and the driver who caused it was half asleep. (plus he indicated to turn into the side street I was in, half turned, then changed his mind, and hit the drivers side front guard of my car)

The insurance company didnt care. All they saw was a 40ish year old man, and a 19 year old with a V8. I was blamed, even though my car was stopped at the time, and I had a witness to back me up.

:( :( :( :(
Old 10-16-2001, 23:27   #8 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Quote:
Originally posted by XR8chic
I have only had one accident in my car, and the driver who caused it was half asleep. (plus he indicated to turn into the side street I was in, half turned, then changed his mind, and hit the drivers side front guard of my car)

The insurance company didnt care. All they saw was a 40ish year old man, and a 19 year old with a V8. I was blamed, even though my car was stopped at the time, and I had a witness to back me up.

:( :( :( :(
Geez thats no good at all, bloody insurance mob. Surely a witness would have been gold in your case if the other guy didn't have one.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 23:40   #9 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by EF_Falcon_GuY

Geez thats no good at all, bloody insurance mob. Surely a witness would have been gold in your case if the other guy didn't have one.
Insurance companies usually accept as "correct" whichever version costs them the least money, and they rely on the fact that the average punter can't afford to sue them, while the reverse ain't true, to stonewall and bully their way through life. They're a pack of turds that make banks look like charitable institutions, and they lead a charmed life because no government is prepared to get really stuck into them.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 19:50   #10 (permalink)
Mark VII Member

I am sorry to but in here. I have to say that it is the same where I am . It has a lot to do with who can make the most money. It has very little to do with good drivers or safety.
84 Mark VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub