Acceptance - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Did this individual deserve the responce he recieved ?
Yes 18 78.26%
No 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2001, 15:11   #1 (permalink)
v8h0tr0d

Lightbulb Acceptance

Here is what I suggest........first let me say that I am very sorry for what I said in the past towards some very rude Australian members of a Yahoo! site............I suggest we all get on with our lives and please stop sending me hate mail to my email account. I reallize I acted foolishly and still continue to appologize for what was said. I have only learned through all of this that other people are quick to jump to conclusions without researching the problem. In doing so these individuals have begun to make my life very difficult. In the past 2 weeks, I have been averaging over 20 emails a day!! Most of which are not nice to say the least. I beg of all of you to stop spreading my downfall. Again, I am sorry for rudely stirring up the trouble I have brought to myself and ask that you all forgive me. Good day.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2001, 15:47   #2 (permalink)
BSR

What The......???? Did i miss something??

12/03 FPV GT 725
Old 12-07-2001, 16:15   #3 (permalink)
Not Fast Enough, Dammit!

Quote:
Originally posted by XLR8
What The......???? Did i miss something??
Thats what I was thinking... but then

Quote;
I have been a proud owner of a 64 Falcon Hardtop for almost 10 years now but just recently found out about the Aussie Falcons. Can someone please tell me about them, as in why they make them in Australia since they quit in 1970 INCONUS? Also, I would like to know if these "Aussie" Falcons are front wheel drive or rear wheel drive. I have had a lot of "Aussie" owners talk a lot of bull about how the "Aussie" Falcon is better than the "American" Falcon. Can someone please tell me how something designed in the US that goes on to be mocked for export income can somehow be better than the original design. What makes it different other than what side of the car you drive on? Has the world gotten so blind that they can't even realize that the Americans designed the first car and then the world copy-catted everything and then tried to take credit for it. In these times of terror since Sept. 11th, I have seen only animosity towards the US. It sickens me to think that the world is turning against the Nation that holds everything together. Not only are we mostly responsible for the economic growth of every country, exluding those that refuse to except our designs thinking they are better, but we finance every country, rebuild them after every war, never get repaid for what we do, and still seem to have a very bad government debt problem due mostly in part of all the country's that still owe us money. Do you see the Americans standing around telling everyone that we are superior. I should think not. We don't need to. The countries that do it only do it because they know we are superior and can't except it. I'm sick of all of this competition on who's car is better. Get a grip. Truth is, if the Falcon wasn't designed in the US and exported to Australia in the first place, Australia wouldn't have a car that they could decently brag about. Wise up, Australia doesn't do anything but sit around like a little rock in the middle of the ocean and do jack diddley when the shit hits the fan. Truth is, without every other country, Australia would still be a place for outcasts, thieves, and criminals. God Bless America!!!

I think this could explain in a bit
http://discussions.fordforums.com/sh...?threadid=8263
Old 12-07-2001, 16:31   #4 (permalink)

Oh I see. You are getting hate mail from Aussies?
Old 12-07-2001, 17:35   #5 (permalink)
Rail Rider

Re: Acceptance

Quote:
Originally posted by v8h0tr0d
Here is what I suggest........first let me say that I am very sorry for what I said in the past towards some very rude Australian members of a Yahoo! site............I suggest we all get on with our lives and please stop sending me hate mail to my email account. I reallize I acted foolishly and still continue to appologize for what was said. I have only learned through all of this that other people are quick to jump to conclusions without researching the problem. In doing so these individuals have begun to make my life very difficult. In the past 2 weeks, I have been averaging over 20 emails a day!! Most of which are not nice to say the least. I beg of all of you to stop spreading my downfall. Again, I am sorry for rudely stirring up the trouble I have brought to myself and ask that you all forgive me. Good day.

The piont being you first post you made struck a very sencetive nerve. I didn't care for it much.

You will just have to live with the reaction till it all blows over.
Old 12-07-2001, 17:44   #6 (permalink)

who or why would you put a poll on this thread?
Old 12-07-2001, 18:53   #7 (permalink)

mate, you talk shit, you get shit! as simple as that! ever heard of the expression think before you talk? well, maybe you should consider doing that in future and you won't have problems like these. that post was in VERY poor taste, dragging Sept 11 events into it. i just re-read your initial post and in it you displayed the maturity of a 10 year old!

you're getting absolutely no pitty from me
Old 12-07-2001, 19:00   #8 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

I think It'll blow over eventually, and I thnk the apology was a reasonable start. But you have to be careful what you say in the future, and attack those who attack you, not Australians in general. I also think my biggest beef with you was bringing up Sept 11. That was very poor form.
Old 12-07-2001, 19:18   #9 (permalink)
Australian ED XR6 Member

OK, fairs fair.
I don't believe for one second that what V8hotrod had to say on "another" site was either 100% correct, or accurate. V8hotrod, like everyone else here on Fordforums is entitled to their own opinions. That's one of the things that makes this site so interesting, members come from many varied backgrounds, with differing ideals.
V8Hotrod has admitted that what had previously been said was said in "the heat of the moment", and apologised to any who took offense.
I say let bygones, be bygones, learn from your mistakes & if he would like to make constructive contributions here, then continue to do so. If his intentions are otherwise, then be prepared to face the consequences.........
Ultimately non-constructive arguing with people on an open forum such as this will only serve to alienate people & reduce participation & readership(especially if the fight didn't even originate here.)
Old 12-07-2001, 19:29   #10 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

Quote:
Originally posted by Wulos
OK, fairs fair.
I don't believe for one second that what V8hotrod had to say on "another" site was either 100% correct, or accurate. V8hotrod, like everyone else here on Fordforums is entitled to their own opinions. That's one of the things that makes this site so interesting, members come from many varied backgrounds, with differing ideals.
V8Hotrod has admitted that what had previously been said was said in "the heat of the moment", and apologised to any who took offense.
I say let bygones, be bygones, learn from your mistakes & if he would like to make constructive contributions here, then continue to do so. If his intentions are otherwise, then be prepared to face the consequences.........
Ultimately non-constructive arguing with people on an open forum such as this will only serve to alienate people & reduce participation & readership(especially if the fight didn't even originate here.)

I agree.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub