Accident..Does he have a chance???? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2003, 08:05   #1 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Accident..Does he have a chance????

A good friend of mine rang me tonight said he had just had a car accident.When I got there this copper was telling every one what had happened. A taxi driver hit him as he was turning right at a set of lights and he swears that it showed the green arrow.Now I wasn't there O/K and the coppers where behind my mate.But the copper insisted that he turned infront of the taxi..

Now he has two seperate witnesses that where at the intersection turning left from the side rd.They say the taxi hit my mate after the green arrow to turn left which means the green arrow would have been "on" for him to turn right..Make sense??

Would he have a case ?? Oh and there was a truck that had pulled up on the intersection and the taxi passed on his left so was unseen by mate turning right...

Can the Police report be asked for ???Would you get one ???
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2003, 15:56   #2 (permalink)
gone

I would get your friend to go down to the police station and ask for a copy of the report.

It would also be best to ensure you have witness statements made asap and signed immediately.

Lodge insurance claim detailing quite clearly his version, for gods sake make sure it is clear so that any one that reads it is 100% in the know whoithout refereing to witness's etc.

If it takes 10 A4 pages with pictures to explain this DO SO!

The police report may be diff but with 2 independant witness;s it can be prooved wrong!

Good luck
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 06:25   #3 (permalink)

I'm not sure how true this is but I'll throw it in the ring anyway.

I've heard that if it cannot be proven 100% that the arrow was green, it goes back to the golden rule of crossing the path of an oncoming vehicle?

But with the witneses ya mate should do ok.
BundyBlackXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 15:16   #4 (permalink)
Rail Rider

If your friend had an green arrow the taxi would have had a red light.
Old 01-17-2003, 16:33   #5 (permalink)

Albert???? Albert Einstien??? is that you????
BundyBlackXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 18:56   #6 (permalink)

At best, both parties will be hit with 50% blame.

The law states your supposed to giveway to oncoming traffic, and since you mate was turning into the road the taxi was travelling on, he was supposed to giveway regardless of what the traffic lights were displaying.

If there was no traffic lights who do you think would be at fault? Your mate.

The only way he'll get out of is if the cab admits to running the red....
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub