Ad's - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2001, 23:41   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

eek Ad's

I'd like to make two points.
1. Just incase you did'nt know, advertising for the 220kW falcon is under full swing in NZ, HUGE magazine spreads, radio ad's etc.

2. WTF is with that Rodeo add??!!:fmad: :fmad: :fmad: I mean how stupid is that????
I'm surprised no one has mentioned before. How many races has Murphy won this season any way!!!!!!!!
The ad is stupid, but it use a V8supercar to glorify another piece of crap (Holden Rodeo)
And they're not even street legal!!!
And Murphy, HOW MUCH OF A FAG IS HE IN THAT AD!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2001, 01:49   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

I haven't seen that rodeo ad so It must be only a Ford NZ promotion.......

There is also plenty of 220Kw XR 8 advertisments going on but during the V8 supercar telecasts all we seem to get is some ad for Mitsubishi, or the "V8 Symphony" ad for HSV :(
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 03:12   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by DONUT KING

There is also plenty of 220Kw XR 8 advertisments going on but during the V8 supercar telecasts all we seem to get is some ad for Mitsubishi, or the "V8 Symphony" ad for HSV :(
How's that eh! must be the different areas we're in as the ONLY time I seem to see the XR is DURING the V8 Supercar telecast.
Go figure?:rolleyes:
Russell.
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 04:24   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
...or the "V8 Symphony" ad for HSV :(
Don't you mean the Hoover Symphony...
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 04:31   #5 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford Man

Don't you mean the Hoover Symphony...
Yeah that one, but I had to call it by it's real name
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 16:00   #6 (permalink)
Formerly J-type

I haven't seen many XR8 ads at all, the only TV advertising I see for it is during the V8 Supercars coverage and even then that ad doesn't let on to the fact that it is 220Kw.

I think all of Holden NZ's ads are crap, they're boring and exciting as grass.

I think Ford NZ still needs to get it's act together regarding its TV advertising, because they will need to if they really want to No 1. this year.
It's about time Mazda was told to piss off with its ads on TV3 - they're crap and horrible to look at, plus Ford should be showing ads for the Fairmont Ghia, Mondeo, Laser and Escape and when I mean show, I mean consistantly. They also need to be advertising more of that ad that shows the Ford range which I thought was bloody good, I saw it the other night although at the pathetic time 11.50pm or thereabouts though thought it should be on more often.
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 16:01   #7 (permalink)
Ford Focus WRC Driver.

Re: Ad's

Quote:
Originally posted by priteshpatel99
I'd like to make two points.
1. Just incase you did'nt know, advertising for the 220kW falcon is under full swing in NZ, HUGE magazine spreads, radio ad's etc.
Yeah, that's not surprising. I mean, even though Ford has been historially above Holden in NZ, you'd be surprised how many Kiwis choose the SS purely from a kW point of view. But now they're matched kWs, Ford NZ are now smiling from ear to ear (they've wanted Ford Aus. to do something like this for ages!!!).
Old 08-01-2001, 16:22   #8 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by J-type
They also need to be advertising more of that ad that shows the Ford range which I though was bloody good
Here, here.. That was a ripper of an ad and where is it? In the round file no doubt.. :(
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 17:54   #9 (permalink)
Australian TE50 AU1 Member

Quote:

In the recent Motor Mag, in the letters sections, reference is made to the "V8 symphony" ad, the writer quite rightly points out that he has never heard a HSV sound like the ad. How true, false advertising I reckon!!!. When ever I see an un modified HSV, all I hear is a quiet burble, hopeless!!. I still reckon Ford have to use that incredible V8 windsor sound in their ads, even if it's only to satisfy my yearning for V8 nirvana.
TeeHee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 18:18   #10 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

Quote:
Originally posted by TeeHee

In the recent Motor Mag, in the letters sections, reference is made to the "V8 symphony" ad, the writer quite rightly points out that he has never heard a HSV sound like the ad. How true, false advertising I reckon!!!. When ever I see an un modified HSV, all I hear is a quiet burble, hopeless!!. I still reckon Ford have to use that incredible V8 windsor sound in their ads, even if it's only to satisfy my yearning for V8 nirvana.
Closest HSV I've heard the V8 Symphony was a GTS with no exhaust in the HSV factory.

I have heard LS1's sound like the ad though, one of the guys on LS1, his twin 2.5in system sounds exactly the same, but it's not standard on an HSV
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub