Adventra report - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2004, 03:01   #1 (permalink)

Adventra report

As most of you know by now, I did trade both 522 and 922 in on a pair of Holdens. I have been asked by some here to give an honest opinion and account of the Adventra.
I took delivery recently of this car, I ended up getting the color I wanted, both interior and exterior, and at the price I wanted to pay.
I lost a lazy $50k on both GTs, which to some of you, isnt much, but I have my sanity back and am glad its all over.
One thing about Holden I will say, both dealers looked after us very well, we were repeat customers from the last Holden experience and were very happy to look after what we needed.
As for the Adventra, personaly, I think for what I paid for it, its alot of motor car. It has the sunroof, electric seats, dual climate, a 260w 10spk stereo with a huge sub woofer. So as for value its excellent.
Quality, unlike both the GTs, this car will not be going back for any build quality faults or issues. I have been over the car with a fine tooth, not a thing out of place, build quality is very good.
Driving of the car is very nice. Its quiet, very smooth, the power is there if you need it, no rattles or any other noises. It is still a little thirsty, running on 15 to 17 litres per 100, that is towing, so its still a little better than 522, which was running on 20lts per 100k. If there is something I can fault on the vechicle, are the brakes, I have had premium brakes on the last few cars I have owned, to me, the weight of the car is a fair bit, I am finding myself pushing them a little harder than im use to with the other cars, in time I will get use to it.
Eventhough it is early days with this car, im very happy at this point, its no race car, but its a good work horse for me, practicle for both work and play.
I have written this as an indication of my feelings, and this time when I swapped over to Holden, I did it with no feeling, that Ford passion I once shared is now well and truly gone. I am not interested and will not get into
to a public slanging match, I will only answer posts of genuine interest, as I am still interested in what goes on here and there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2004, 03:09   #2 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Re: Adventra report

I don't understand who gives a toss about a Holden this is a Ford Forums i too can come on here and give a report on my Hilux 4WD but i am sure no-one will be interested you should go and post it on the Holden Forums.
Cheers Alex.

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:26   #3 (permalink)

This is GT Country we take pride in what we have , i herd you on a melbourne radio station a few weeks ago canning the falcon, not good!
like any new model it has had a tuff start. I was proud to drive one on its debut and still get a hard on when i jump in her today! Prime Equipment
Go Ford!!!
Old 08-25-2004, 03:34   #4 (permalink)
Love it or Leave!

:wgaf:
Old 08-25-2004, 03:37   #5 (permalink)
Horse-Power Hungry

20lts/100k, no wonder you had problems, did the wheels ever stop spinning??
Old 08-25-2004, 03:44   #6 (permalink)
The Deputy Dogg.

Sounds like you are happy with the purchase, even if it is a bit of a compared to a GT, have fun at LS1.com.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:45   #7 (permalink)
BA FALCON XR6™

Hahaha cut the harshness, some members asked Adrian to post about his new rides after he got them, which is what hes done!

Im glad things are OK Adrian, the cars you have purchased obviously couldnt be compared to the GTs but atleast the quality is good and you haven't had any worries.

Good luck and hold your head up mate!
Old 08-25-2004, 03:47   #8 (permalink)
.au member

Guys,

let's not get all bitchy here - i'm actually glad to have an unbiased report of the Adventra because its the main rival to what my father is looking at purchasing (Territory), and it's good to hear from an owner instead of a magazine.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:50   #9 (permalink)
one day.......maybe

seriously mate, who gives a toss.
this is a ford site, i don't need to read shit about a pathetic second rate car like the try-hard adventra. if it's true about your whinging on radio (which prob is based on your bitching on this site) you ain't going to get any sympathy from me. you want sympathy, go to a holden site.
it's unfortunate you had problems with the GT but you went about it the wrong way on this forum. Can understand why the dealer/ford prob didn't want to waste their time on you either.

go the GT and the Terry
Old 08-25-2004, 03:52   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylum Seeker
:wgaf:
Agreed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub