Adventra TV commercial - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2004, 01:30   #1 (permalink)

Adventra TV commercial

This car is supposedly marketed towards people who are currently driving 2 wheel drive cars, but want the ability to go more places I suppose. On LS1 Forums some people talk it up as if its a competitor to a Landcruiser, but any serious person knows thats bull dust. The commercial depicts the car driving along a dirt road! Woohooo, does anyone 2 wheel drive cars get stuck on the type of environment it is depicting? And also, how often are you driving on a road that looks like that? I must admit, I LOVE four wheel driving, but have never been to that kind of road...cos i never been to the NT What do you think the potential of this car is? Surely it can do more than that, but I am not sure if it will do mud, as it would have standard road tyres. Maybe sand and snow covered roads? not seriously rough terrain, as there wouldnt be enough under carriage protection, sufficient ground clearance, off-road tyres, appropriate ramp-breakover , approach and departure angles. I think it is good for pulling small boats out of the water, if it needs a bit more traction than normal. The other thing is, i have noticed a rear LSD isnt available on the Adventra.... Thoughts/comments/experience anyone?
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2004, 02:26   #2 (permalink)
Only a V8 Ute Will Do

Re: Adventra TV commercial

One point that makes me have a little laugh is the tyres that are on the Adventra and also on the Avalanche. The Adventra in particular is marketed with off-road activities in mind but the goons put passenger car tyres on them? Low profiles in particular? Maybe some higher profiled tyres with harder sidewalls would be better to counteract the mud that the Territory is going to be throwing at it......

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"
www.fpvxrclub.com
Brute6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 03:00   #3 (permalink)
Sandwich Connoisseur

The best offroader we've ever had was and still is the trusty old xe falcon 2wd. It's gone everywhere. Dad and I take it on hunting trips, and we've taken it places that you'd be flat out getting through on a quadbike. The best thing about the ole girl is how much ground clearance it has, surprisingly more then some modern 4wd. The best thing, is the car has done 450 odd thousand Ks, still very reliable, easy to fix if there is a problem and parts are redily available cheaply at any wreaker, and it doesn't matter if you get a couple of big scratches or even a dent, it's an old car and just adds to the character. This brings me to my point, and the conceptual failure of the adventura and other cars in the same category. Who in their right mind is going to take a 50 thousand dollar car, drive it through bulldust, roads with large rocks that easily dent skirts and in well forested areas where trees scrape up the side of your painwork. I beleive the adventura and others like it are just "fashionable" products that dimwhits buy to make themselves somehow stand out as an outdoors type, which to me by buying one of these, cleary proves they have no idea.

One thing my dad's always told me is the ony thing about a 4wd is you get bogged further from home.

Donno

I6, 5sp Factory Manual , Wade 1636, Pacemaker PH4480s, HF Cat, Cat-Back 2 1/2" Mandrel Bent Lukey Zorst, Car-puter, XR Front and AUII Clear Side Indicators.

Dull Alloy factory mags, ooo yeah.

Proud TQE Operator
donno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 04:09   #4 (permalink)
freelance

Saw the add! Who the hell is "Craig Sutherland"?
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 05:11   #5 (permalink)

Craig Sutherland is Peter Garrets Great Southland
casrms1450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 05:12   #6 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

Yeah it's pretty funny car.
But is the same with all Holden cars really marketing over substance.
They want a car that makes you "feel" like you can go off road. They don't actully want you to do it.

Have to agree with the XE comment we had one and I ended up having to pull a mate with a suzuki sierra 4x4 out of the sand with it cause he got bogged.
That was some funny stuff because he hated fords and I would get him out till he kissed my Ford badge.
Wish I'd had a vid camera back then
Old 02-02-2004, 14:06   #7 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

While we're on the Falcons-offroad thing, my uncle used to go on camping trips up the bush with a friend, his XF wagon went everywhere they took their GQ Patrol.

Mind you that's not the same as hard-core 4x4ing.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 15:43   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Saw the add! Who the hell is "Craig Sutherland"?

haha good one! I actually enjoyed the ad it was well made.

Did anyone read the review in the previous months Wheels magazine? I was surprised at how well it did crossing the middle of Australia with little or no breakdowns.
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 15:54   #9 (permalink)
E Series Chick Supremo

I saw the add this morning ..... the one thing that sticks in my mind apart from the fact that I wouldnt trust a new car on my dirt roads here as Donno has stated........They are advertising that it comes in a V8 ..............

Im in agreeance about the XE's too ....... Im sure you've seen the piccys of my sons one ...... that mud came from the creekbed he drives up all the time .........

:fairy

Check out the OzECruisers Inc. website HERE

FF Lynch Mob BITCH
O.F.R #65
Mother Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 16:02   #10 (permalink)
"Bloody Beautiful"

Quote:
Originally Posted by casrms1450
Craig Sutherland is Peter Garrets Great Southland

I think you'll find its by a band called "Icehouse" with Iva Davies the lead singer, song title "Great Southern Land"
------------------------------------------------
TE50 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub