Advertising - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2003, 05:20   #1 (permalink)
JETPILOT

Advertising

Message to Ford Australia - Advertising is not good enough.

I would be willing to work for you in this department as an ideas man. For no pay as i am all for the good of the company and want to see Ford succesful and maybe then they can pay me.

AD #1 - XR falcons

(I don't know if I imagined this or somone else said it - I think it is such a great idea someone else must have thought of ot too.)

Music: You Shook Me All Night Long - ACDC

Vision - Man is in bed with wife. ( Night time ) he then sneaks out of bed tiptoes out to his garage and jumps in his XR Falcon and we see him driving around the streets late at night.. obviously streetlights illuminating the car.. He then sneaks back into bed when sun is beginning to rise. With a Big Grin. - Lowndes could be the man in the ad??

AD #2 - Falcon XT / Futura

(these cars are pitched at Company leases and Family - Tougher to appeal to, should be marketed as a versatile car)

Music: Bachman Turner Overdrive - You aint seen nothin yet.

Vision - Show car in all different roles,
family in car (show text: Roomy Interior ) ,
transport to work ( Show Text : Easy To Drive ),
enjoyable piece of road ( Sequential Shift / Control Blade IRS ),
On Freeway (class leading power from 182kw 6 cylinder),
Towing boat (class leading torque from 182kw 6 cylinder),
The punch line is at the Bank ( easy on the Budget)

Should Ford Employ me?? The 2nd ad needs some more work..
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2003, 05:25   #2 (permalink)

Re: Advertising

Bring back the AU advert. team. I was watching an old V8 supercar tape at oran park 2001 season and the adds were great a v8 fairmont ghia add "Feel the power" slogan XR series add "Live the Ride" slogan and base series au adds a plenty. it may not have sold well but the adds were great, hell I wanted a V8 ghia after that add.
17" ROH Shadow Chrome RT's, K&N Air Filter, LSD Conversion w/ 3.7 Gears.
Proudest Addition: Socks the Brindle Staffy Girl.
Proud TQE Operator
6pAc|30nG|00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 18:28   #3 (permalink)
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff

that gt ad with the boom gate is pathetic.

I like the idea of using ACDC, except ford actually should get ACDC and not steal the music with some losers playing it like holden did, and Angus should be the one in the bed lol
all4ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 19:21   #4 (permalink)
I am The Brain

Good ideas, I would definately like to see them on the TV.

An option other than ACDC for the first commercial could be Powderfinger - On my mind. The Holden people would be hopping mad if we used ACDC...and I think it would be better if Ford actually went a different band.

However, when Ford actually decide to get moving with the advertising I guess the good ideas will be all gone...
Old 12-15-2003, 22:40   #5 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

when Ford get moving with advertising?!?!! You make it sound like they actually will!
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 23:56   #6 (permalink)
JETPILOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordHawk
Good ideas, I would definately like to see them on the TV.

An option other than ACDC for the first commercial could be Powderfinger - On my mind. The Holden people would be hopping mad if we used ACDC...and I think it would be better if Ford actually went a different band.
Great idea.. Maybe Ford will take notice
Old 12-16-2003, 00:40   #7 (permalink)
Cleveland Powered

I mentioned this in another old thread but I'll expand a bit. I agree that the GT ad is a joke. Maybe I'm not their target audience but it certainly doesn't make me want one.

Here's how the GT ad should go:

It starts black, with a slow heartbeat sounding. Then we see a shot of the XT in the London to Sydney marathon. Fade to black followed by a shot of the XYs kicking ass at Bathurst. Fade to black then a shot of Goss or Moffat in the XAs. All the while the heartbeat gets faster. Throw in a couple more shots of old school GTs then finally a shot or 2 of the BA with the final shot simply "It's Back" in white text.

Ford brought back the GT name in an attempt to cash in on the past & they're not using it.
Yellow Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 00:54   #8 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnno_S

Vision - Man is in bed with wife. ( Night time ) he then sneaks out of bed tiptoes out to his garage and jumps in his XR Falcon and we see him driving around the streets late at night.. obviously streetlights illuminating the car.. He then sneaks back into bed when sun is beginning to rise. With a Big Grin. - Lowndes could be the man in the ad??
Vision - Man is in bed with wife. ( Night time ) he then sneaks out of bed tiptoes out to his garage and goes to jump in thier XR Falcon but thw wife is already in it in her dressing gown pretending to change gears and make V8 noises...........cant get enough of this!

I agree though, the ads suck. FORD never uses its awards etc the way holden does. We WON the v8 series this year (do they even know?).
Pete
fordmuscle_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 02:57   #9 (permalink)
I am The Brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford.boy
when Ford get moving with advertising?!?!! You make it sound like they actually will!
I hereby apologise to any false hope I may have caused with the statement previously made. :s6:

I still like my idea for a GT ad where a GT is ripping through the city (legally of course!) with buildings crumbling around it...this to the tune of All Torn Down by The Living End!
Old 12-17-2003, 04:26   #10 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Using Powderfinger - Sunsets would be good, its a current hit song.
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub