AEC Falcon 300+ - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2002, 21:54   #1 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

AEC Falcon 300+

In the latest January 03 Wheels Mag we saw Strip Show writeup on a top speed shot out on 18 models.

As i've posted else where I have said that i can't help but be alittle disappointed at times with Fords performance on top speed comparisons. And before anyone flames me down i do realise in the real world top speed means jack so to speak but non the less it creates a good comparison and ca outline how stable the chassis and dynamics of the car is.

Anyways one of the models there was the AEC Falcon 300+ i'm suprised no one has talked about this car. Is this a car that you can buy ala the CSV product line or is it a once off.

I think 360Kw onboard, 660Nm a usable 6 speed gearbox whereby the 6th gear can achieves the cars top speed (265km/h) not 5th this things a weapon. And the looks, i think it's gotta be one of the most aggressive AU shapes around. Kinda reminds me of the GT Falcon Ford should of built.

I really think one of the magazines should do a single writeup article on this car and AEC's lineup.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2002, 22:22   #2 (permalink)

Yet still couldn't break into the 13 sec range....hmmm
ausGT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 22:28   #3 (permalink)

Yeah whats with that??? Though, they said there was a fuel problem, why didn't they get this fixed???

And why is it that Tander is the only person so far to say how difficult the Falc turbo is to launch and how easy the commodore is when allot of others have said the complete opposite??? like erm, what the... ??

Anyways, appart from a little bit of GT crapping on it was a rather good read...
FORDV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 22:46   #4 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

I prefer the normal writings of McConville rather than Tander. Personally I cannot stand the guy. I thought the reason the turbo went bad was because of the fact it was speed limited 230kmh? Anyway whats it matter our cars run better on the winding roads (which is more relevant to real life).
Old 12-24-2002, 22:47   #5 (permalink)

FORDV8> Basically it just shows Tander can't drive - if you can't launch a car that is endowed with over 300NM torque just above idle there has got to be serious Qs on driver ability....
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 23:00   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by T3man
FORDV8> Basically it just shows Tander can't drive - if you can't launch a car that is endowed with over 300NM torque just above idle there has got to be serious Qs on driver ability....
Obviously he can drive or he wouldn't be where he is today, maybe the XR6t they used was a lemon?

Quite happy with the times for the R34 though :)
ausGT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 23:03   #7 (permalink)
Phantom XR6T

Notice how the 14.5 400m was the slowest yet recorded by XR6T in a Magazine by quite a long shot (.2) while the 14.1 by the SV8 was quicker than all but Motor (Oct 02) have been able to launch the thing (that includes SS). Every other driver with every other magazine (includeing wheels) has been able to crank out a 14.2 or .3. It begs the question was Tander really trying?
Old 12-24-2002, 23:08   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ausGT-R
Obviously he can drive or he wouldn't be where he is today, maybe the XR6t they used was a lemon?

Quite happy with the times for the R34 though :)
OK, so he CAN drive. So therefore it must follow that when it comes to reporting on Fords he is just a biased, lying prick.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 23:14   #9 (permalink)
EFing Quick!

Quote:
It begs the question was Tander really trying?
It could've been snowing.

What puzzles me is that how a 206kw/tonne (AEC AU)can only beat a 145kw/tonne (SV8) by 0.15 secs from 0-400m, "fully fit" or not.
1995 EF Futura - Crow stage 2 cam & adjustable gear, K&N cold air intake, AU XR intake snorkel, Advance stainless steel extractors, hi-flow cat converter, 2.5" pipe, 17" ROH RT shadow chrome mags, Pedders sports ryder suspension, DBA gold cross drilled/slotted rotors, lowered 1.5", camber kit, engine + starter immobiliser and microwave sensor security system.

Teh funnay is now linked here!
Beefchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 23:20   #10 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

why don't wheels and motor actually do these tests themselves insteading of getting in a second rate (tander) driver. Seriously though I am sure there is someone in their staff thatc an do it, if not I WILL :)
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub