ah the feeling of stomping a vx! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2002, 05:19   #1 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

ah the feeling of stomping a vx!

hey guys,

I managed today to pull up next to a VX commo, which has obviously happend hundreds of times, but this time there was to young guys in the car. The obviously could hear my car, and saw that I would have a bit of a run so we nodded and off we went. Basically I was suprised how easily I (AU2 S) pulled away from him.

At the next set we had a laugh and went again, with the same result. Is this a common result? I just find it really immusing when Im told over and over how quick the VX is (undoubtably the V8 is but not so much the 6). I am not expecting to beat the 8's but its nice to hold your own against 6's.

All that I have down to my car is an exhaust, obviously I dont know about his, I couldnt hear any exhaust but my stereo was us pretty high. He had it lowered with after market wheels though, so maybe he could have tweaked something.

Basically, being a resonably new driver I am chuffed as to finally know that I can at least match it with the VX's, and would be interested in hearing if it was a rare thing??

cheers

steve
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2002, 06:25   #2 (permalink)
Ford Member

Its a crying shame that Ford has received the image of being an inferior product in the past... When the reality is... It is not

Unfortunately the masses are drawn towards success as they do no research of their own... With the failure of the AU to live up to expectations, people have been able to spin absolute crap about Ford products and get away with it.

I highlight some of my mates who are great blokes.. Yet they cant seem to grasp that Holden's dominance on the race track has very little to do with the consumer product they are manufacturing.

My dad and I have stuck with Ford for a long time, and always test-driven the two models in our price range, from both companies, prior to purchase. We have never felt that Holden offered more for the money. Sure they had things we liked, yet they were never in my eyes a bang for buck product.

I also dislike the fact that Holden never take any risks when it comes to design. Alright the AU got canned by some people, however at least Ford tried to break away from the mold. Holden released an entire series which looks almost identical throughout the entire range. Now look at the VY, take away the cosmetic changes and its still a VT.
Old 12-17-2002, 15:35   #3 (permalink)

mad

Youngun.

The roads aren't your private drag strip mate. Leave that stuff for Calder runs.

It's young drivers like you that make up the biggest percentage of road fatalities & after reading your thread, I know why.

Keep it under the speed limit mate.

MavSS
Old 12-17-2002, 16:17   #4 (permalink)

Re: ah the feeling of stomping a vx!

Quote:
Originally posted by younggun
Basically, being a resonably new driver

Instead of wasting your time dragging puss buckets, go do something positive.... like an Advanced Driving Course, before you become another statistic .

Hows the saying go... "Drive too survive"

Especially at this time of year!

Merry Christmas
Old 12-17-2002, 16:27   #5 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

MavSS, let he who is without sin, shall cast the first stone.

Give the guy a break. Yes, it is wrong to race from the traffic lights. But we have all done it.
Old 12-17-2002, 16:36   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Oath
Yes, it is wrong to race from the traffic lights. But we have all done it.
True, all the more reason too, for those that have (& learned from it) to offer comment. Like myself, doing the same as AU Boy & thinking it was fairly safe ie no other cars around, until a car pulled out of a driveway... thank god (or whoever invented it) for ABS.
Old 12-17-2002, 16:42   #7 (permalink)
gone

Agree!

This issue of speed, etc etc etc has been raised previously, you know my stance, keep it too the trak!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub