Ahhh little annoying mini-me's! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2004, 21:51   #1 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Ahhh little annoying mini-me's!

Ok before I start, I know that most things have a place, and that I am not against the overall idea of mini motorbike/piwi's (whatever you call them).

These things are taking over the streets, and they are annoying as hell! One guy in my court has some kind of mini-fat boy motorbike that sounds like a clapped out mower and it is driving me insane. Apparently he drives it to work! WTF!? With no helmet!

How are these things allowed on the road? They are hard to see, and they sip in and out of traffic all the time (ok most motorbikes do). To make things worse Ive heard that you dont even need a licence to ride on on public roads!

So heres our government, sooking about people dying from "speeding" when they let anyone ride these tiny motor bikes in traffic!

Has anyone else noticed it? or is just the povo people around geelong, although ive noticed them around Newtown/highton and thats a nice area.

/end rant

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2004, 22:14   #2 (permalink)
EL FAIRMONT GHIA

Re: Ahhh little annoying mini-me's!

You are definately not allowed to ride them on the roads as there are not complienced, registered etc. i love the look of the mini choppers (rather have a real one) but there is no place you can ride them so whats the point!
Peztacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 22:22   #3 (permalink)
BOFH

hate the stupid things, they are everywhere and the riders are morons who have no idea what damage a car traveling at 60kph is capable of doing to them. I have had a number of them shoot out of side streets and almost get cleaned up by me. They are dead set insane.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 22:26   #4 (permalink)
//////ALPINE

foolish people on scooters and mini bikes ahhh, they just come straight onto the road and you cant see them half the time, where are police when you need them.
'Dec 03 BA Falcon XT - Tint | Cruise | 17" Alloy Wheels | BA SR Kit | | SSS Auto | Front Power Windows | Scuff Plate Inserts | 2.5" Mild Steel System | Pacemaker Headers | ////Alpine 600 Watt 12" Sub | Lanzar 1000 Watt 4 Channel Amplifier |

Possible Future Mods
- Cornering Lamps
- Colour coding Sidemoulds, Mirrors and Front Grille

FORDWOGBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 22:37   #5 (permalink)
heard it before!

yeah i live close to the ford factory geelong and only seen one nearby, but when i go to my mates place in melton there are plenty i reckon about 5 groups of 3 at least and most kids are less than 14 i reckon which makes road sense an issue, police in wictoria say you dont need a license if something is less than 50cc(don't quote me but i'm pretty sure thats what i heard)
apperntly people who've lost theire lisence are riding them to work also
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 22:49   #6 (permalink)
EL FAIRMONT GHIA

Yeah but the bike still needs to be rigistered that law is designed for scooters
Peztacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 01:12   #7 (permalink)

I have two of these go past every night at about 10pm ish, you can hear the stupid things from about 3km away and god dam there loud, sure that kind of sound can't be legal, but the cop shop across the road never does a thing about them. feel like following one home then comming back with a lawn mower and just sit out side their house, see how they like it.
Zakennayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:44   #8 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

I got pulled over for riding my mates mini-chopper(my first time riding!) a week or 2 ago.

The cop was alright and explained the particulars to me.

You dont need any licence to ride em, but i didnt get whether you can ride me on the road. Ive seen plenty in traffic.
The biggest problem youll run into is noise complaints (which is what i got).

Hope that helps

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 04:15   #9 (permalink)
«$k8 ø® Ðïè»

i think their cool, we can get em for 400 hungie..friend of a friend. i duno which one id get, a mini bike or a 4 stroke chopper
danxagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 04:30   #10 (permalink)
in the chopshop workshop

we got two mini harleys at work, but we only use em in teh carparks since they only reach bout 30-40 km/h pretty fun but not for the streets...really :(

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub