You Might Be a Techo If....
1. You've ever slept on the concrete under a wing (or on the wing itself)
2. You've ever said, "Oh yes sir, it's supposed to look like that."
3. You've ever sucked oxy to cure a hangover.
4. You know what AVTUR tastes like.
5. You've ever used a black chinagraph pencil to fix an overworn tire.
6. You have a better benchstock in the pockets of your overalls than the supply system.
7. You've ever used a piece of lockwire as a toothpick.
8. You've ever had to say, "My boots are still black!" (or ever spray-painted them black)
9. You refer to a pilot as a "control-stick actuator" or "seat/stick interface."
10. You've ever been told to "pump up the windsock, or go get a bucket of prop wash, a yard of flightline, a left-handed screw driver, a North bearing, a bottle of K-9P or a can of striped paint."
11. You've ever worked a 14-hour shift on a aircraft that isn't flying the next day.
12. You've ever said "as long as she starts every other try you'll be fine sir."
13. You believe the aircraft has a soul.
14. You talk to the aircraft (often in a not-so-nice way).
15. You've ever said, "That nav light burned out after launch."
16. You've ever used a chock as a hammer.
17. The only thing you know about any city is where the good bars are.
18. You know more about your co-workers than you do about your own family.
19. You've ever looked for pictures of "your" aircaft in aviation books.
20. You can't figure out why Engineering officers exist.
21. You ever wished the pilot would just say, "Great aircraft, nothing wrong with it!"
22. You take it as a badge of honor to be just called "a Det Hound."
23. You relieve yourself more often outdoors than indoors.
24. You can't comprehend why everyone doesn't want to be a Techo.
25. You think everyone who isn't a Techo is a poof.
26. You can sleep anywhere, anytime, but as soon as the engines shut down you are wide awake.
27. You've ever stood on chocks to keep your feet dry.
28. You've used lockwire to trim a fingernail.
29. You've wiped leaks immediately prior to crew show.
30. You've worn someone else's clothes to the mess/dining hall.
31. All you care about is the flying program and your days off.
32. You've wondered where they keep finding the idiots that keep making up stupid rules.
33. You've ever had to defuel an aircraft an hour after refueling it.
EUR04D - Ford Focus
The Blue Flame
Mk II Escort RS2000
How much boost?
Thanks for 2004, crew.