All Fords - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2003, 00:29   #1 (permalink)

Question All Fords

hello. this thread may not be true so dont get all angry if u dont think so. i am only saying wat i think.

ok we used to have an XF Fairmont. now it was a good solid car. but wen it started to get older im not sure if it was me but the engine started to sound better like it has had sumthin done to it. now we have an EL Falcon we have done just over 160 000km's on the clock. and also the engine sounds alot better then before well in my opinion. is could it be that ford engines are like wine. the older they get the better they r??

also does anyone know the engine specs for the EL Falcon?? we also have a 2002 honda accord. i drive both cars and i was pushin the honda a bit but i was slowly pushin the accelerater down a bit more then half way and thinkin to myself god this car has nothin then after a bit it then changed gears n wen faster. with the falcon if i nudge the pedal a bit i can fell the power. i know its a straight 6 n all but for goin up against a 2002 accord v6 i have to say i prefer the falcons engine performance better.
HecticWogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2003, 02:12   #2 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

hmmm mate i think you should work a little on your spelling...please dont use short hand, its quicker but a lot harder to read, and (without wanting to hurt anyones feelings) we dont want fordforums to end up like fast4s.com....

anyway, what i think you mean by that above post is if you want to go fast in the falcon, the power is there all the time, from idle to redline, but in the honda you have to rev it to get it to hammer.

i also like to be able to idle along at about 1000rpm in 5th gear at 60km/h without the engine missing a beat...its called 'torque' big engines (4L inline 6 is big by world standards) tend to have a lot of torque, small engines, less so.

small engines have to rev to make big power, big ones dont.

most of us agree that torque is a good thing, which is why heaps of us have falcons, and very few of us have festivas

EF engine is 4.0L inline 6 cylinder with dual length intake runners, making 157kW at about 5200rpm (?) and about 365Nm of torque at around 3500, from memory, im sure many people will correct me on these figures.

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 04:00   #3 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Couldn't put it better myself Rollin. Driving a 4.0L Falcon is about that nice relaxed manner of a big torque engine, might not be as fast as some of the hotted 4 cylinder Japanese cars but theres one thing that they can't win on is that bottom to mid range pull.

Both my EF and AU will pull happily in 5th doing 50km/h.

I have to say it's about the closest "note closest not the same" engine to V8 characteristics.

Rollin, not meaning to fault you just giving exact specs an EF makes 157kw at 4900rpm and 357Nm at 3000rpm.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub