Almost wiped out today! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2003, 23:33   #1 (permalink)
Otherwise known as Robbo

Almost wiped out today!

Almost killed myself this morning. Driving down Prospect Hwy - doing 80km/h (on the limit) approach large roundabout and go straight through - coming the WRONG way around the roundabout was a corolla with red P plates - narrowly avoided a head on, fishtailed the BA, but still had time for an angry press of my horn - i ended up saving it, but it was damn scarey.

Stupid P plater wanted to turn right through the roundabout but instead of going clockwise, they simply went anticlockwise (ie into oncoming traffic).

now I ask how the hell did this idiot (i believe it was a female driver) pass their license test. Wasnt there any roundabouts in the test? With all the focus on speeding latley how about looking at driver training. If I had killed them, im sure I, as a young male in an XR6 would have copped the blame......

anyone got any similar stories of other drivers in the wrong?
Also - Kawasaki ZZR, soon to be Kawasaki ZX6R.
XRSIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2003, 23:43   #2 (permalink)
Lost in FF

Re: Almost wiped out today!

an old lady driving the wrong way down the road then continued the wrong way around the roundabout, scared the crap outta me when i first saw her...

or i was driving my g/f and her family to dinner in one of their cars (an old merc) which the steering was dodgy so i was tking it slow on the roadabout some idiot in a campervan on the left of me decides to turn right when i'm going straight, cut me off!! if i was driving any other car i would of been straight through it (or even if her dad was driving)
Old 08-17-2003, 23:56   #3 (permalink)

i bet it was just someone in a hurry, they know how to take roundabouts, they just cbf.
once ur on ur p's, all the rules go out the window.
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 00:12   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
bet it was just someone in a hurry, they know how to take roundabouts, they just cbf.
Not only is what this chick did absolutely insane, it defies logic and is completley irrational. I have never heard of anything as moronic as this...

In a hurry...well dam ill just have to drive up the other lane of the freeway tonight just because its quicker. durr
subsbligh35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 17:17   #5 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

Yeah roundabouts are killers, some people are so bloody stupid with them.
Don't get me started on the issue of indicating!!!
But there was one dickhead, made my brother fail his driving test. This guy was turning off the roundabout, had started to turn, so my brother takes off into the roundabout, looking ahead as you do when you're driving. Fortunately the instructor was still watching this idiot - having started to turn, he decided to change his mind, and drove over the kerb getting back onto the roundabout!
Had the instructor not hit the skids.....

But that really pisses me off, I mean, how come my brother has to suffer because some dickhead shouldn't be on the road?? It's not his fault!

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 17:26   #6 (permalink)
The Supreme Machine!

Hope no idiot does something like that when i'm going for the test! Soon

1960 FB Holden Wagon: (Tha Yella Terra) 192ci 6cyl,4spd, 13x7 Chromies.

NA fairlane ghia 5.0
XA_GT_351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 17:35   #7 (permalink)

heheheh i nearly got cleaned up yesterday o the way home from a job interview, I had just crawled up to the lights and had been sitting there for about 10-15 secs and I was looking in my rear view at a car that was flogging it towards the lights, im not to worried yet as he is still yonks away. Then a car in the lane next to me decides my lane looks better and peels away into my lane, at this point im like o well focus on the lights now, lights go green and I have just started to move away and CRUNCH the car behind me gets rear ended at almost 40. SO SO SO lucky it wasnt my pride and joy.
17" ROH Shadow Chrome RT's, K&N Air Filter, LSD Conversion w/ 3.7 Gears.
Proudest Addition: Socks the Brindle Staffy Girl.
Proud TQE Operator
6pAc|30nG|00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 19:03   #8 (permalink)
Champion Goose

Just this mornin, on my way home from my run in the park a goose driving a VN runs a red light at an intersection a good 2 sec after it turned red. Goin at about 90km/h i reckon, he just made it through the gap as the cars going across his path were just startin off the line. I must say ****w!ts like that really need a good beating as well as their licence taken away. Also lucky that no pedestrians were crossing coz they definitely would've been collected. [/rant]
XAHardtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 19:25   #9 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

Re: Re: Almost wiped out today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelEB
Yeah roundabouts are killers, some people are so bloody stupid with them.
Don't get me started on the issue of indicating!!!
But there was one dickhead, made my brother fail his driving test. This guy was turning off the roundabout, had started to turn, so my brother takes off into the roundabout, looking ahead as you do when you're driving. Fortunately the instructor was still watching this idiot - having started to turn, he decided to change his mind, and drove over the kerb getting back onto the roundabout!
Had the instructor not hit the skids.....

But that really pisses me off, I mean, how come my brother has to suffer because some dickhead shouldn't be on the road?? It's not his fault!
This is your brother fault but not really fair. It goes to show he has to be ready for anything in the world or driving. Indicators are just lights that flash some people use them some people dont. Some get stuck on some dont. We should all watch the cars and where there going and not just rely on indicators. This was a big issue with the Drive To Survive course that around 10 ff members just attended on the weekend. Regaurdless if the bloke indicated or not you brother still is in fault becuase he failed to give way. Even if he decided to change directions at the last minute. Its a bullshit rule but stands up in court. Even if the guy failed to signal he still failed to give way so it turns out to be your brother fault. I can not say how much i learnt at these driving courses and everyone should give them a go. I would have done the same thing your brother did too the laws i guess can sometimes be a little twisted.
AUPS
AU1SIXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 19:25   #10 (permalink)
FPV

I was at a set of light last week turning right and was looking at a red ED going thro the lights from left to right and a guy (Very spaced out) riding towards me on the wrong side of the road. Anyway they both couldn't see each other and the guy came out from bhind the wall and was colected up by the ED at 60ks he got thrown into the air and landed about 8meters away. In the end he did get up and some guy jogging helped him and the ED pulled up. Just so the ED Driver didn't get the blame i called the cop shop and left a statement.

420+rwhp
YTRY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub