It was always going to happen i guess :-( - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2003, 07:16   #1 (permalink)
100% Speeding (when safe)

It was always going to happen i guess :-(

Well, i've finally had to give up driving safely, looking at the road instead of my speedo on beautiful perfectly straight carless roads, where there are no pedestrians, no other traffic, no obstacles, no towns, no cities.

I was caught driving at 4.50am on a highway, had seen just 3 cars in the 3 hours previous, the cop came from behind a bush :-(

Its put me over the 12 points, i knew it too, my heart sunk like you wouldnt believe!

So now i have to drive on our freeways at a crawl, buses, multi trailer semis, cars towing horse floats......... all passing me!

I hate having these vehicles jostling for position among the traffic! and now i cant even go 105 to keep ahead or thats my licence for 6 months!

Ive never caused any crash, never endangered anyone, never sped near another car let alone near pedestrians, and yet!

You may think im silly driving as i do (after seeing my points record). Id just like to mention that i do around 90'000km per year, mostly no where near anyone, and thats exactly where ive been caught.

To me, i justify my (so called "swift") driving as driving safely, it keeps me alert to whats around me, im always looking at the road and edges. I concentrate so much more you wouldnt believe it unless youve experienced driving at 130 or more for hours yourself.

Now this last time i had my 2000km trip, i sat on 100, being passed by falcons with tandem horse floats doing 120, trucks doing 105, kingswood utes doing 110. Now my brain has nothing to concentrate on, i play with my radio, my phone, eat food, etc etc etc. (i have to have naps so much more often too!)

Anyway, so i have to now drive , i think "unsafely" for 12 months from April. Im a bit annoyed they didnt start the 12 months straight after my fine that took me over the 12 points in December.

Has anyone else had this option notice?
After it ill have all my points back!!
Ill drive straight back up to now 125 (thats all we can do without a licence loss) and just try real real hard not to be caught!

Maybe shouldve gone overseas for 3 months, had the suspension and came back with ALL my points!!!

PS: I CANT believe we can lose our licenece INSTANTLY for doing 25 over on a beaut straight highway, and yet we dont lose our licence for going through a RED LIGHT!!!!! or having NO LIGHTS ON!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vicroadsoptionnotice.jpg (42.3 KB, 339 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2003, 07:18   #2 (permalink)
100% Speeding (when safe)

here is my OUTRAGOUSLY DANGEROUS Driving record!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg demeritpointnotice.jpg (48.3 KB, 331 views)
Old 03-09-2003, 12:34   #3 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

dude you got busted doing 15k more than the speed limit on 3 serperate occations. Why didn't you slow down after the first one?
I've so far had 2 speeding fines in my entire driving career (5yrs)
1 was for 83 in a 60 and the other 85 in a 70.
I speed all the time still but you need to learn where you can speed and were your just got to slow down.
Old 03-09-2003, 14:30   #4 (permalink)
Ride like the Wind

I think the points system is stupid. In the NT if you are caught speeding you get a fine, if you are caught drink driving you get a fine, and if its severe enough you lose your license. It is only for major traffic violations where a driver will lose his license, for everything else you get a fine. I think that that is they way to go. That way the gov gets there money, the dangerous drivers are off the road, and the safe drivers who like to exceed the speed limit a bit, although that can be difficult on the open roads lol, will be fined and can live to drive another day.

Barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 15:17   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

apparently you can't be looking too well or you would have seen the police and not got caught!
Really, in this day and age of Road 'safety' you know they are going to be out there somewhere... it's just not worth it
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 15:57   #6 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

I speed all the time and to be fair I normally see the cops before they can nab me. On freeways etc I use the 'shadow' of other cars to creep up on speed and when in the open with hiding spots around I keep it at 10 or less over. I never really get a second look. Driving this way I have been able to travel at speeds up to 140 and never get a ticket - even on my trips to victoria down the hume.

The trick is to keep your eyes up. The cops have an effective range of 600 metres and you should be able to see them by then.

Bummer mate - VicRoads have taken over from the Tax Office it seems! Damn Nazis!

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 16:16   #7 (permalink)
EFXR62

aussie pete, does your sig about the transport minister mean that you believe that if the police are out there trying to catch people speeding, then, they have to nab everyone, and not just a select few? So, they are being negligent because they're not catching everyone who speeds, but just the people who they happen to catch that day?

And also, if you believe so strongly in people dying or becoming injured while on the road, why do you speed?
It actually scares me to hear a grown man say the things you said above, because the police are there to slow you down in order to keep the roads safe. And, if they didn't have any revenue coming in, they couldn't afford to keep the police men and woman to be out there tryng to catch silly buggers like you who need to speed.

Aren't you contradicting your own statements?
Old 03-09-2003, 16:28   #8 (permalink)

I would have thought that with 10 points already accumulated you would be watching your speed more closely. It doesn't matter what you think is safe. There are people out there who have no idea what they are doing behind the wheel, hence we have road rules. As good or experienced a driver you may be, the rules can't be different for you or anyone else. unfortunately...wear it!!!!
Old 03-09-2003, 17:00   #9 (permalink)
Cleveland Powered

There are 3 ways to reduce deaths on roads

1) Get the shitbox cars off the road
2) Get the moron drivers off the road
3) Slow everyone down so when they do eventually crash the impact will be lower & hopefully save some lives

Guess which one is the easiest & cheapest?
Old 03-09-2003, 17:21   #10 (permalink)
JP
XR6 Driver

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete
I speed all the time and to be fair I normally see the cops before they can nab me. On freeways etc I use the 'shadow' of other cars to creep up on speed and when in the open with hiding spots around I keep it at 10 or less over. I never really get a second look. Driving this way I have been able to travel at speeds up to 140 and never get a ticket - even on my trips to victoria down the hume.

The trick is to keep your eyes up. The cops have an effective range of 600 metres and you should be able to see them by then.

Bummer mate - VicRoads have taken over from the Tax Office it seems! Damn Nazis!
This is some wise words of wisdom, Aussie Pete - I do the same thing like you. On the weekend driving round in my new BA XR, a Holden GTS was trying to get me to run but I spotted the cops way before, so in any situation, your eyes will save you if you know what your doing.

I have'nt had a speeding ticket for 3 years because of this reason.

JP
JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub