Anniversary celebration ideas please - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2003, 21:59   #1 (permalink)
do YOU have rubber?

Lightbulb Anniversary celebration ideas please

Hi all,

I’m just after a few ideas to celebrate an anniversary with my g/f. It’s a monthly one and I’d like to mark it with a nice gesture / nice gestures.

Perhaps a picnic in the mountains or something along those lines.
Cooking dinner (not much of a cook, I might kill her )

Any ideas?
!Gn|T|0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2003, 00:16   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: Anniversary celebration ideas please

haha whoops, I totally forget things like that. Been with mine 6 weeks and I've done nothing of the like....whoops.

I'd just take her out to dinner somewhere nice.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 01:10   #3 (permalink)
Movin!

Just suck up to her heaps...give her compliments and take her out for a good feed, then maybe she'l do some sucking up later on!
j/k!
Old 07-14-2003, 01:38   #4 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

This is one of the simplest things I have done this is the one that got one of the best reactions/appreciation BTW was for valentines day (which i dont really beleive in, too commercial and kinda tacky, but not to everyone!!! ie g/f, wives, partners etc...)

Hired one of her favorite movies, Favorite bottle of wine and a box of ferrero rocerres(sp?), (umm round choccies with nuttella inside!) and that was it, drank wine ate choccies and sat thru I am Sam the movie. TA DA!

See, pretty easy she had a great evening and cost me a grand total of $30.

Last edited by kooky; 07-14-2003 at 02:45.
kooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:35   #5 (permalink)
Dreamer

A monthly anniversary, hehe ahhh i remember those days, dont even bother ey :) just go to the movies like you normally would. Otherwise she will expect a present/outing every month for atleast a year, then you cant spend money on your precious car

Take her to dinner, doesnt have to be a special place, even HJs is good enough... After a year you will look back and think why did i bother, as now i cant even remember the date is all started.
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:43   #6 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

True: key point is the simple things can often be the best things and it really is the thought more than the actual place and time that will matter to her.....

kooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 14:19   #7 (permalink)
Lamahs approve of manuals

I always like the mountain's idea - altho its kinda cold in winter.

I look at it that there are some nice restaurants up there ( Peppers resort has a nice bar with a fireplace etc - if your in sydney ).
Oh, and damn, you just have to drive the car for a couple of hours to get there.

Bugger :)

Otherwise, ( and it really is a drive ), there is a nice little place out of lithgow called the Tea Shack or something. Not much to look at from the outside, but the interior is done in japanese / chinese style, and you can sit at a low table in front of a full window at look out at lake lydell . . . They have all sorts of chinese teas, and sushi sorts of food... Not super cheap tho . . . ( but not too bad ).

Overall tho, Kooky is 100% on, most chicks will be happy that you've remembered, and gone to the trouble to do something a little special for them - more the thought and effort rather than the actual "event". But also remember they always seem to like to be able to brag to friends about how they've been treated like a princess / special . . .

Ah crap . . you're in brissy . . . ah well . . . Lithgow is a *really* good drive then :)

Last edited by XR8 Lamah; 07-14-2003 at 14:24.
XR8 Lamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 17:10   #8 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Take her out for a romantic evening at a scenic spot, or alternatively, if you're staying home, rent a girly movie that she loves, get some quality food/drink to accompany it, and get some candle & flower action happening (don't go overboard on it though, she might react illogically!). Follow this plan through (so to speak ), and then give her breakfast in bed in the morning!
Old 07-14-2003, 17:42   #9 (permalink)
do YOU have rubber?

Cheers for your comments guys, I'll let ya know how it goes :)
!Gn|T|0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 18:00   #10 (permalink)
Ford Member

i went through the monthly anniversary crisis for 13 months! geez did my car suffer over that time. i wouldnt recommend it every month, but if you want to do it, yeah dinner is always good and maybe take her up to a lookout or something and tell her how much u love her. always goes down well. AND THEN.... u drop her home and go cruizin wit ur mates!! nah just jokin, but yea, wateva u do im sure she would appreciate it.
Hot Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub