Another E-Series Network merger!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2002, 20:19   #1 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Arrow Another E-Series Network Partnership!!

The next, and perhaps final tier of the FF merger has been proposed. Rather than make these decisions on my own, this time I am infoming everyone of progress from day 1.

I responded to a post in the 'Pub' forum by 'adviliax mortus' (aka Nick) who asked if there was any demand for a "late model" Falcon club from EA onwards. And clearly there was. I responded by suggesting he, as an AU owner, start up an AU Club in the same vein as my EA-ED Club or Sundeep's EF-EL Club.

Fortunately it turned out he had the same idea. All that would remain is working out a few issues. Now, what does this mean?

* A rename of the E-Series Falcon Network forums to something like the Late Model Falcon Network, and the addition of an AU Club 'Events & Meets' forum.

* It is believed that at this time, registration and web sites of the 3 Network divisions will be seperate. Rules will be seperate as well. For example, Nick wishes to require a minimum of 3 mods, but this idea could not be carried through to the EA Club. Heck, after spending $7,000 even my car wouldn't meet the criteria. But a truly caring EA-ED owner is a relatively rare thing itself.

* There would be occasional combined EA-AU events, as well as the usual seperate ones.

I'd like to add that I remain aware of the issues people tend to bring up. Will the EA owners be the underdogs? Not the way I see it, because now that the dust is truly settling from the E-Series/FF merger, I am finding that the common interest of Ford cars is overriding everyone's initial scepticism of this change.

I am open to any questions or concerns, and will keep everyone informed of developments.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2002, 23:15   #2 (permalink)
ex ea driver

sounds like a good plan Jack, but, u also should have a section for combined Club meets :) for all 3 to put in posts about joint club meets..
but it sounds like a good idea..
cya Jason
CATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 00:15   #3 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

hmmmmm
LoverBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 03:01   #4 (permalink)
Ford Anti B&S Squad

EEEKKK!

Jeez. Thats quick , Why dont we just call it the Falcon Club, as i previously said. Its more broader and will make things easier.
EA90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 03:44   #5 (permalink)
E-Series Cameraman

I must ask, is another merger necessary? I do not see how it will move the club forward in any way... I mean we're already merged with Ford Forums, and if it's just about meets you can easily post a message in the general ford forum or whatever it is called, and its as easy as that. But to make an official merger with another club again, I see no point.

Just my 2 deutschmarks

Alex
The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 03:59   #6 (permalink)

Hope you don't mind me adding a few thoughts Jack.

I don't think 'merger' would be the right word to use. I see it as me forming an AU club and joining you guys, and forming a national club which would cover all three clubs (EA-ED, EF-EL and AU/AV/whatever). So you guys would still be a completely separate entity to the AU or any other clubs.
Old 06-02-2002, 04:02   #7 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Well having a full Falcon club is an idea - but we'll be looking to take things one step at a time. For combined meets, I'd probably do what I have done so far, and post it in one section, then link to that post in other forums.

Nick has found that there is considerable demand for an AU-inclusive club. There would be nothing more inefficient than having a "rival" late model Falcon club also operating off FF, which is why I suggested we team up. This moves the club forward only in that it increases our exposure, but as before we retain our indepenence.

1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Old 06-02-2002, 04:03   #8 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Adviliax, I stand corrected on my use of the word 'merger'. I think partnership would be a better description.

1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Old 06-02-2002, 15:20   #9 (permalink)
-

my only question is this:

will AU owners post tehnical problems & info about mods etc to the a new "AU Technical" forum? i dont see this working in well with current FF users, who post under the sections currently on the board.

if not, then we're (the members) not going to be effected by these 'changes' - the AU club will exist in its own right, using existing forums, and just having one extra "Events" forum here and changing our name to "Falcon Club" or somthing similar is probably a good way to broaden the number of people this club appeals to - but will create more administrative burden on yourself.

just my thoughts... but im all for it! itd be good to be able to associate with the same people when i eventually get a newer car in the coming years...
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 19:18   #10 (permalink)

lets not doubt jack.. i know his big plan our next merger will be with ls1 lol

But just do what im doing ignore the politcs cause if get involved i will piss some ppl of (one of my many hobbies). All i think is keep ours seperate and every now and then we can have a combined meet, seems the most logical thing to me, if we dont want to loose what we have left of our club, i was just getting used to this e series crap.

This is my 10c... my 2c is free
madEAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub