Another Holden winge. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2001, 19:58   #1 (permalink)
Au's Gotta Lov'em

Another Holden winge.

thanks to Drive.com.au

"By JOSHUA DOWLING"

"Holden has taken a swing at Toyota following Greg Norman's defection to the Japanese brand.

Holden's hierachy has failed to see the funny side in Toyota's new television commercial which depicts a weekend golfer hitting a ball into the car park and cracking the windscreen of a Holden Statesman.

The amateur apologises to Norman, who was approaching the green as the man took his swing, and Norman replies: "Not my car, mine's the Toyota."

After almost seven years with Holden, the golfing great signed with Toyota in May in a deal said to be worth $10 million over three years.

Holden this week sent a letter to Toyota to register its objection to the commercial and is understood to be considering legal action."

Is everybody involved with Holden required to be a winger with no sense of humour. V8 Supercar Team Bosses, V8 Supercar drivers (the nose that knows), the whole Holden Executive. Come on get a life. Its a joke and for Toyota even mildly funny (not like that avalon thing).

PS - Oh a cracked windscreen, dam another water leak.
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2001, 20:10   #2 (permalink)

I reckon that's one of the best ads on TV!:D I bet if Holden did a similar add about Ford they would see no problem with it.:fmad:

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2001, 22:06   #3 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

I saw that ad on telly last night for the first time. What a wack off!! The Statesman gets more vision than the avalon does!! And like Greg Norman is gunna drive a Toymotor anyway... A lexus maybe but an avalon?? Gimme a break!!
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 02:42   #4 (permalink)
RACE

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford Man
I saw that ad on telly last night for the first time. What a wack off!! The Statesman gets more vision than the avalon does!! And like Greg Norman is gunna drive a Toymotor anyway... A lexus maybe but an avalon?? Gimme a break!!
Jeeeesz,

It's a big step up for Normy isn't it?? Not!

I wonder if he'll sign to do ads for Hi-undy, Key'a or Daepoo when Toymotor let go of him.
Old 08-06-2001, 03:34   #5 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

Heh. I've heared so much about this ad, but ihavent even seen it.. Anyone out there with a video capture card..?

And on the topic of ads, I quite like the new Avalon ad, the one with the bombed out landcruiser, the POS corolla, the cardigan celica.. and the avalon.. Ford should make some sort of real life ad to make people actually want to go out to buy a Falcon, instead of having a Ka or a festiva or falcon spinning around on a turntable. Although the Ignition series is a good start, the Mustang ad is excellent IMHO. Better than the crappy ads for the AU1, which made it all cutesy looking..
discokin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 03:59   #6 (permalink)

Gotta say I laughed when I saw the Norman/Toyota add,but I know already it won't help sell them bloody Avalons. Uurrrhhgghh.
Yuk! Personal taste of course:eek:
Like discokin6, I reckon we could have a few more "real world" adds for the Falc which highlight the good points of their product.
Trying also not to get into add campaigns that slur on the oppositions vehicle, just highlighting the positives of the Falcon.
Russell.

:rolleyes:
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 04:39   #7 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

we al know holden have there problems...some big ones at that, and as greg norman said "theres nothing quite like a holden" (rotflmao)
Old 08-06-2001, 04:49   #8 (permalink)
GTHO4

Yeah I had a good laugh it sort of an in your face Holden type humor ad.
Toyota has done some beauties like that bugger ad and those two guys that injure themselves in the unbreakable ad before it was banned because it was a bit violent which I think was a load of crap.
Anyway I think it's clever advertising.
Old 08-06-2001, 05:08   #9 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

I think the ad is really funny I have a good old chuckle when ever I see it, I love anything that is Anti-Holden. :D
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub