Another Victim (Well sort of) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2003, 21:38   #1 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

Another Victim (Well sort of)

Well guys i got nabbed by a Radar on saturday just at the top a hill coming up over the rise i noticed a new SS poking its nose out and thought mmm am i speeding looked down and thought nope sweet just checking. Get to a set of lights there wating just after them lights go green they flash there lights then signal me to pull over.

Over i go and stop, thinking here we go what have i done. I blow in the bag as asual and then he begins with a speil off did you know you were speeding. Said no i checked my speed and i wasnt he says i have you doing 82 in a 70. Now i go no im in a 80 zone. No its now a 70 zone has been for a month or so. Now i know its my fault for not looking at signs ect but it shits me when they change posted speed limits like that. I dont often travel this path to get around but i was coming a differant way and its just cost me $200.

This speed limit is on a non built up section of road twin lane just coming into Geelong from onto Colac rd a part of Princess HWY.

I had no leg to stand on so copped it on the chin as usual and straight after i left he backs back into his little hiding place and lights on again booking another guy speeding. Probably a bloke like me who still doesnt realise the limit is changed. There is only one signed place to read the limit and if you miss it like i did you will cop this.

So some more cash to the government i will pay, What i do want to know is are these blokes supposed to be wearing safety vest if they leave there car to come and collect a license ect. They did a lenghty check on my car and licence before handing me the ticket and being smart asses. Look i can handle being caught as i was technically in the wrong but no need to rub it in by having a cheaky smirk, being very abrupt and not beliving its my car. By asking is this your car i said yes he said well well find that out in a hurry. Whats with that shit.

anyways some info on the vest would be good i would just like to write as letter reguarding the vests and remarks.

Steve B
AUPS
AU1SIXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2003, 21:40   #2 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

Well i just reliased it was my 400 Post and what a celebration $200 fine. YAY YAY
AUPS
Old 06-16-2003, 21:49   #3 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Thats 50 cents a post .............. LOL

I always have the same worry, I am always looking for signs, I think they should have colour coded lines on the side of the road, so you know, like red for 80, blue for 70, green for 60 ... well you get the idea, would cost money though, reduce revenue, but wait its all about saving lives you know not revenue.

Dellboy999

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 22:14   #4 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Want a real challenge? Try working out what speed zone you are in when trying to drive across the Blue Mountains between Glenbrook and Victoria Pass. It's crazy. There's like 324 speed zone changes over 100km (or whatever - this is my United States of Whatever......It Takes to Rip off Motorists).

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 23:08   #5 (permalink)
BOFH

Of course there is always the ring road in Melbourne where they have electronic speed signs that can change to whatever speed they like. Ooops, no tickets for the last 5 minutes on the 4 million speed cameras sitting along there, better drop the speed to 80...no, make that 70...ok, back to 90....100....90..80..90...I know, lets post 40, that should stuff em! What the hell is it with that shit?

Anyhow, sorry to hear how they treated you like crap....I guess it's all about revenue...sorry...saving lives. That will teach you to drive like a hoon. I mean 82kph....what were you thinking? A small child could have jumped out at you and been killed...well, more killed then! I mean dead is dead but the spatter would have been far worse.

Sorry, using Bracks logic there.

Cheers,

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 23:15   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete
Want a real challenge? Try working out what speed zone you are in when trying to drive across the Blue Mountains between Glenbrook and Victoria Pass. It's crazy. There's like 324 speed zone changes over 100km (or whatever - this is my United States of Whatever......It Takes to Rip off Motorists).
I agree with you 100% it must change every Kilometre and now they have roadworks to add to the misery - it is totally F*****.

The concentration levels to note the speed limit I'm sure contribute to inattention on the road.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:25   #7 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

Steve i have to agree (refer Spleen venting post a few months back) I accept it if i have been pulled over for an infringement but the attitude is not needed or welcomed by myself and i would think the vast majority of the motoring public.

kooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 03:16   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

it sucks, I have heard of them doing that but I must say for a TMU that's pretty low booking people for doing 12 over the limit.
Some of them act like they are getting more money for more fines.
BTW, I go through there a fair bit and noticed the change a while ago... nothing has changed..still safe as houses to do 80 ... idiots.
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 04:18   #9 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

Thanks XA for your post its good to see that somebody know's the stretch im talking about. I dont know whats going on, there are now a lot of roads that were safe to once do 80 now at 70 its a joke definatly doesnt make any sense but to make more cash. I got done around 5:00pm must of not made his daily quota who knows. Im paying it of course but im still sure these guys have to wear there safety vest when they leave there cars anyone know of this.

Shit happens

Steve B
AUPS
Old 06-17-2003, 04:26   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

they don't have to wear their safety vest... but given the amount of time they spend in the traffic it looks like a good idea However, if they have ever been shot at they will avoid the things like the plague as they make you a great target and being all fluro coloured it's tough to hide !
Also, having been aimed at by a truck myself ,I would rather take the risk of accidentally being hit rather than deliberately.. but I digress
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub