Any Melbournians know a good RWC place for Motorbikes? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2006, 06:08   #1 (permalink)

Any Melbournians know a good RWC place for Motorbikes?

I'm looking for someone fair dinkum to get a roadworthy done on my motorbike, no nazis please. If theres anyone you'd like to recommend I'd like to hear about them. BTW any know of any dodgy's? I'd rather do it legit though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2006, 06:32   #2 (permalink)

Re: Any Melbournians know a good RWC place for Motorbikes?

Better off not to do a dodgy on a bike...can be to dangerous.It's best to do it right,and they are often alot cheaper and easier to get roadworthy than a car anyway.What kind of bike is it?and is it your's??...Lukeh!!
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:49   #3 (permalink)

Lukeh yeah it's mine, just bought it today. It was used as a farm bike it's whole life, and now I wanna put it on the raod. Suzuki DR 125. Any recommendations. I've seen some roadworthy guys, particularly for cars that are absolute nazis, I just want someone fair, like the guy who does the roadworthies for my cars.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:04   #4 (permalink)

Everywhere you go they will check the same thing's...chain and sprocket's,fork seal's,lights and indicators,oil leak's,brakes,tyres,mirror's etc. Unless you have a good friend who does roadworthy test's...you will find most people are strict,as they can easily lose they're tester's license if they are not careful and get caught out.It sound's like you are possibly on a budget,which if so makes it hard.Do you have a Motorcycle License yet?...If not,I highly recommend you go to Armstrong's in Thomastown to get it.I got my License of them and they were very friendly and helpful...and not as harsh as other places such as H.A.R.T or the like.Getting back to your roadworthy question...I would consider getting rid of your bike,and saving up a little for a better bike.I have seen some reasonable 250cc bikes go for between $1,500 and $3,000 for anyone on a budget.All the best...Luke!!
Old 02-01-2006, 06:19   #5 (permalink)

Yeah, everyone says that a 125 4 stroke will be underpowered, but it's fine for what I need, and the petrol should be almost free (heh). At least its not worst than driving a scooter. Your right luke I am on a budget which is why I wanna spend as little as possible to get it up to scratch, but as you say, they're strict.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:26   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73falcongt
Yeah, everyone says that a 125 4 stroke will be underpowered, but it's fine for what I need, and the petrol should be almost free (heh). At least its not worst than driving a scooter. Your right luke I am on a budget which is why I wanna spend as little as possible to get it up to scratch, but as you say, they're strict.
There is nothing wrong with a scooter...and you will even find there are some out there that will go better than your 125 !! When I suggested to sell your bike...I only mean't it in the way that you may end up spending way more than it's worth getting it Registered and Roadworthy.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:54   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeh
There is nothing wrong with a scooter...
Scooters are

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeh
When I suggested to sell your bike...I only mean't it in the way that you may end up spending way more than it's worth getting it Registered and Roadworthy.
You suggested for to sell my bike cause your jealous and want to buy it off me... jealous.

Heh, this thing doesn't like freeways thats for sure, shoulda seen today how many greasy's.
Old 02-01-2006, 17:21   #8 (permalink)

I have seen gay people riding Harley's...so a gaybo can make any bike gay!! Scooter's are good for learner's and a bit of fun.I think you would be ringing the old DR 125's neck trying to get to or maintain 100 KPH? It's okay...I am off my 'P' plates now,so I won't be buying anything like your old clunker,LOL!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub