Anyone for a 5L MX5??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2003, 04:09   #1 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Anyone for a 5L MX5???

Oooh baby, wouldn't this little bugger be some fun!!!

Click HERE

1994 Mazda MX-5 V8, 5 speed, 25,000 kms, White, $34,000 landed
Price $34,000

Description:

[SUITABLE FOR RACE / RALLY IMPORTATION ONLY -- This vehicle is only eligible for import as a race / rally vehicle under a Level 3 CAMS licence, if you don't have this then you may enquire with CAMS directly to find out how to obtain one. The vehicle cannot be imported to Australia for normal road registration as this model was sold here new. Only 1989 models may be imported as of January 2004 using the 15 year rule.]

The following vehicle will be auctioned in Japan on Monday 9th June 2003. The expected sale price is 1,900,000 yen FOB. The total cost in Australia is estimated to be $34,000 landed. Shipping, import duties, GST, and our service fee are all included in the estimate.

Very expensive, but certainly different. :o)

1994 Mazda MX-5 Roadster Left Hand Drive
5 speed
25,000 kms
White
Hard top
V8 engine
Full red leather interior
Aftermarket exhaust
Aftermarket wheels
Bodykit
Lots of other modifications

Condition notes: In excellent condition.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2003, 06:07   #2 (permalink)
Sideways..

If you got enough money, an aussie company called Bullet ( i think) sells a supercharged V8 'mx5' which they have called the Bullet.
Saw it at the auto expo, and i rekon it would haul ass .. and it can be driven on the road too

Xtreme 275.6 rwkw, 12.93 sec quater, Phoon CAI, Siemens Injectors, StealthFX BOV with XBOX entertainment.
XF Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 06:39   #3 (permalink)
rod

i have seen one of the bullit cars & they have a great finish, very neat conversion
regards
rod
Old 06-05-2003, 07:05   #4 (permalink)
Still Here! Barely...

http://www.bulletcars.com/
http://www.fastlane.com.au/Custom_Shed/AEC_Bullet.htm

They are called Bullet Roadsters and AEC (Advanced Engine Components) produce them and they are based at yatala (Well the factory is, perth is where they are actually based) on the coast. some people down the road own one *druel* and i see a couple round every so often.

There are 2 types the, Bullet Roadster V8 (Lexus 4 litre all alloy quad cam 32 valve V8 with about 225kw) and the bullet roadster SS (sprintex special) which is a supercharged version that is 320kw!

But you may also know these people for there production of the 300+ falcon coupe!

http://www.advancedengine.com/

Proud DUAG member!

Under a smidge bit of construction - *http://au.geocities.com/crystalized13/*
fordchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 08:16   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

While on the subject of imports, anyone see the '89 Supra 3.1L for 12k or so. Claimed over 600hp and full cage. Looks awsome too plus the amount of money spent on mods makes this a bargin IMO! StockID 845.

I have a soft spot for MkIII Supras, I love em. It was insurance that stoped me 16 months ago from buying a '91 3L Turbo GT, damn that was nice. But I am more then happy with my EL now
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 14:05   #6 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

fordchick another guy originally designed them and sold the rights to another company (bullet) the engine in question is a 4 litre toyota engine out of a lexus GT soarer (also badged ls400 i think) the first couple they made were 13B turbo rotary versions and a 20B turbo version also. I have some video footage and i did around 13 flat quarter with a heap of wheel spin thru 1st and second.

kooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 14:53   #7 (permalink)
کhậ۴ţ

Quote:
Originally posted by kooky
fordchick another guy originally designed them and sold the rights to another company (bullet) the engine in question is a 4 litre toyota engine out of a lexus GT soarer (also badged ls400 i think) the first couple they made were 13B turbo rotary versions and a 20B turbo version also. I have some video footage and i did around 13 flat quarter with a heap of wheel spin thru 1st and second.
Soarer was the SC400. The ls400 is the big 1800kg sedan (which ran the same mill)

shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 16:39   #8 (permalink)

dammit i'd love one of them
such a little car, such a big donk!
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 19:34   #9 (permalink)

A couple of guys in America have done Ford V8 conversions to Miata/MX5's. Its a little bit heavier than a stock MX5.

Some left the original diff in place and when it broke they replaced it with a Corvette diff. One of the more famous companies was Monster Motorsports, they offered a turbo 4 cylinder, a 302 V8 and a supercharged 302 V8. The interesting thing was that the BW T5 gearbox from the V8 weighed less than the original Mazda 4 cylinder gearbox.

The Bullet replaces evrything forward of the firewall of a normal MX5 with a spaceframe (like an E-type Jaguar), uses a McP strut front suspension and the wheelbase is slightly longer.
REV28K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 21:22   #10 (permalink)

a very effective way to ruin a great car I reckon....
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub