Anyone else get this eMail? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2004, 00:10   #1 (permalink)

Anyone else get this eMail?

I got this just now... be good if it where true though (anyone know if that really is an african number?)

Quote:
JOHNNESBURG SOUTH AFRICA
TEL: + 27-83-6726466
URGENT BUSINESS PROPOSAL
I am Mr. Frank Nkosi the son of late Mr. Peter Nkosi of Zimbabwe who was the President of the Cooperative Agricultural Societies (CAS) in Zimbabwe.
I got your contact address from South African Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
During the current crisis against the farmers of Zimbabwe by the supporters of our President Robert Mugabe to claim all white farms in my country,
he ordered all the white farmers to surrender their farms to his party members and their followers.
My father was one of the biggest framer in the country and although a black indigene, he did not support the President Political Ideology.
Therefore the President supporters invaded my fathers farm burnt down everything killed him and confiscated all his investments.
After the death of my father, my mother and I together with my younger sister decided to move out of Zimbabwe for safety of our lives.
On our departure from Zimbabwe, we took along with us some money which my father kept in the safe with my mother s custody which amounted to the sum of
US $25,000.00 (TWENTY FIVE MILLION (UNITED STATES DOLLARS) to the republic of South Africa where we have deposited it as personal valuables in a
private security company and sought for political asylum. These funds were meant for purchase of agricultural equipment and machinery.
My mother has suggested and I agreed that we have to move out of the African Continent to overseas for actual safety and to do reliable business investments.
Therefore we have decided that I should contact the reliable business person/firm/company who could assist us to transfer this money out of
South Africa through a current investment account because as refugees we are not allowed to operate any account So we need your help to
open a bank account through which we can transfer this money to your country. For assisting us to transfer this money to your country we unanimously
Agree to offer you 25% of the total sum, 5% will be for any expenses that may be incurred during this transaction, 70% will be for me and my family to
be invested in your country under your assistance and your supervision.
If my proposal is considered you can contact me on my direct line TEL: +27-83-6726466.
For more entail formation. Please note that because of our political status we intend to keep private and confidential information about the whole process of this transaction.
We beg that for my family protection you absolutely keep this private and confidential.
This is guaranteed as 100% RISK FREE transaction
Best Regards
MR FRANK NKOSI. (FOR THE FAMILY)
+27-83-6726466
Quote:
<mrmkII> a tick bit my nuts!!!!
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2004, 00:14   #2 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

Re: Anyone else get this eMail?

Its a scam It has been sent to me before. Nova 100 even rang the guy once on air. It was pretty funny.

Anyone care to enlighten me on how this guy scams others?
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 00:15   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DansEdgli
Its a scam It has been sent to me before. Nova 100 even rang the guy once on air. It was pretty funny.

Anyone care to enlighten me on how this guy scams others?
did you hear the nova 100 convo? how did it go?

just re-read and found that it contains several grammar errors and the monetary value say US $25,000.00 and then reads twenty five million which would be $25,000,000.00
At least is see that he managed to work out 25% + 5% + 70% does add up to 100%.....
Quote:
Old 09-10-2004, 00:15   #4 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

There's shitloads of versions of them going around - I've had heaps sent to me...
Old 09-10-2004, 00:18   #5 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

The guy tried to give them the runaround and sound legit while they asked him lots and lots questions, he ended up hanging up on them after 5 minutes. He couldnt answer most of the questions ask. It was a while ago when I heard it, my memory is pretty shady.
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 00:19   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DansEdgli
The guy tried to give them the runaround and sound legit while they asked him lots and lots questions, he ended up hanging up on them after 5 minutes. He couldnt answer most of the questions ask. It was a while ago when I heard it, my memory is pretty shady.
one of the things u gotta hear to thinks funny....... did he have an accent?
Quote:
Old 09-10-2004, 00:21   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Yeah Ive had that one and so has one of my mates, we just ignored them but a guy at my work abused him and got into this whole email flame war thing. It was pretty funny.
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 00:23   #8 (permalink)

Scam....
Old 09-10-2004, 02:05   #9 (permalink)
Dev 5 Mutant

There's a guy who had charges laid against him coz he threatened a spamming company with bodily injury. Thats hilarious.
Cam install by Crescent Motorsport, Liverpool

Dyno

Timeslip
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 02:11   #10 (permalink)
Packed up and gone.....

Scam Scam Scam,

You've posted it on FF!! Oh no it aint confindential no more!!

I guess his Family gonna die now......

You know who I am...
-Dan
XR6child is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub