Anyone know how much an 80,000km Service Costs? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2003, 01:25   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Anyone know how much an 80,000km Service Costs?

Hey guys,

Just tryin to sort out what im gonna do with some money thats comin my way. How much will an 80,000km service set me back? Also, in regards to a respray of my car, if i only have paint damage and chipping etc and dont actually want like a total bare metal respray is it still gonna set me back over a couple of thousand. All that needs spraying are the outside surfaces of most panels, not inside doors, boot and under bonnet etc.

Thanks guys

Brad
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2003, 04:56   #2 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

Re: Anyone know how much an 80,000km Service Costs?

Yeah they will have to colour match so usually they will spray from quarter and rear quarter to make it look right. Service if all is running fine do it yourself. Check transmission fluid level and colour there is a nut you undo and stick your finger in is should be pretty level with the nut if its full. If its black change immediatly and i garantee you it will be black. That will cost aroun $200 for a complete 15 litre flush and a filter change. Better than $150 for 4 litres and filter change also peice of mind its been fully flushed.

Oil and filter i change every 5,000 km with a synthetic italian oil 10w - 40. Air filter is BMC so i wash it when it gets dirty and re oil. I check power steering fluid and around steering rack for leaks. Shocks jump up and down on ya car see if there stuffed, replace if neccesary. Check for noisey idle pully bearing's I hade mine go just after 80,000km. Tighten extractor bolts they get loose very quickly also check intake manifold bolts. Check exhaust for leaks you should hear it flutter if its leaking. I had mine leak not long after I got the new one put on. Tightened up the gasket been good as gold ever since.

May as well fill up window washer bottle why your there. Also carry a spare serpnetine belt you never know when they go. Check you current one for cracks and wear and replace if needed. Fuel filter can be replaced if you like too. Run your baby on optimax or synergy 8000 for a while if you dont all ready to clean those injectors.

If your feeling a miss you may aswell change all spark plugs with those out of the XR6 and run some good high quality leads.

Look thast what I would do. I dont think taking it to them would be good. I think you would be better off doing it yourself and then you know its all been done and not bullshit, also lets your get to know your car and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Have I forgot anything guys. Just look in your book under the 80,000 section it will tell you what to check. But yeah hope this helps

Just make sure you check your tranny im serious. I know so many who have had very very black fluid in there and sludge on the bottom of the pan, stupid sealed boxes thats all i have to say.

Talk soon mate
AUPS

Last edited by AU1SIXA; 12-28-2003 at 05:01.
AU1SIXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 14:19   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Sweet mate thanks, ill have a crack at it. Im a bit curious about the noise coming from my engine. it just sounds kinda "congested" or something. also sounds rough from idle. ive checked the oil and stuff but yeah it just doesnt sound right.:(
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 21:57   #4 (permalink)

Range Ford Perth, charged me $99 for an "A" service and $149 to service the auto on my Festiva. Price is the same for a Falcon.
casrms1450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub