Anyone notice this at the HSV stand at the motorshow - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2003, 00:41   #1 (permalink)
Future BA XR6T Pilot

confused Anyone notice this at the HSV stand at the motorshow

There has been some talk about the claimed power figures for Ford's new range of engines, especially from HSV, about Ford using DIN figures and HSV using ECE. While looking at the HSV's at the Melb Motorshow, I noticed that all the HSV's power outputs were stated like this:

Power: 260kW (270 DIN) @ 5600rpm

I know its not much, but its just funny that I've never seen it before all this stuff was brought up by HSV and they are now threatened by Ford and FPV.

BTW I was quite impressed by the HSVs, except for the front grill and front bumper, which IMO is just plain ugly. If they put the front bar from the SSX onto the HSVs, I think they would look a lot better.

Just thought it was interesting and a little funny,

Steve
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2003, 00:48   #2 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

bah HSV just feel threatened. They still don't get the point. FPV don't just put crate engines into cars (and brag about power), they actually engineer the engine, the chassis, and suspension to make it HANDLE better and advertise on that. HSV really need to wipe the slate clean and start again!! Get rid of all the plastic crap!
Old 03-06-2003, 01:51   #3 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Hmm.. I may have seen this, if my eyes weren't so overcome with tears of laughter from looking too long at the so-called 1-tonner with 19" rims and 30 series rubber..
Old 03-06-2003, 01:53   #4 (permalink)
Are we there yet?

I reckon they're more like 23's with 4 layers of electrical tape around the mags
95 EF Fairmont 5.0 - Heritage Green - 4 Speed auto with AU S5 - 3.23LSD - 17x8" LWT Wheels - King Superlows - 76mm Cobra MAF - 65mm throttle - BPT Underdrive Pulley Kit - 3" Mandrel-bent Lukey exhaust - Tinted Windows - MP3 CD player - White faced dials.

117rwKw - 15.47@89.9MPH
Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 04:15   #5 (permalink)
JETPILOT

Quote:
Originally posted by 104625
bah HSV just feel threatened. They still don't get the point. FPV don't just put crate engines into cars (and brag about power), they actually engineer the engine, the chassis, and suspension to make it HANDLE better and advertise on that. HSV really need to wipe the slate clean and start again!! Get rid of all the plastic crap!
why should they change what is bringing the $$$$$ in for them??
Johnno_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 15:09   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

WHY !! check the latest sales figures. There just about to get shat upon from a great height by a mighty big Falcon.
Ford Futura Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 03:33   #7 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

Why is it then if the Ford power claims are over the top that a heavier car gets nearly the same quarter mile time and speed as a car 160kg lighter and 10 more kw???? Sounds like some dirty dirty BS from the Holden Marketing machine to me.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:17   #8 (permalink)
The Third Power

the xr8 260 and the Vy HSV 260 in latest wheels the hsv was 2 tenths quicker everywhere and terminal was 1kph slower weight is around 100kg difference which I think would account for about a tenth
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 12:40   #9 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

thanks for the specifics strife.
Still smells of Holden BS as Wheels and motor are forever saying that Ford numbers are normally more conservative.
Need to get both cars on the dyno and see the differance.
Old 03-07-2003, 17:35   #10 (permalink)

doesnt the ford weigh so much because of the safe-t-cell or whatever they call it.... its great that the cars are so evenly matched in a straight line but I would rather crash in a falcon anyday.
ELboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub