Anyone read the latest issue of Motor? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2003, 05:33   #1 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

Anyone read the latest issue of Motor?

I was flicking through the latest issue of Motor today, with the filthy Green Holden monster on the cover. After cleaning up the vomit off my trousers, I saw towards the front 2 separate Ford bits about the FPV T6 and the GTHO. According to Motor and I may be wrong, the GTHO is not even registered on the Ford radar, doesn't even have a business plan. Now as much as I'd like to disbelieve this, it really seems very Ford-like for them to not have even preconceived it. It makes me sad to htink there isn't even a business plan for the GTHO meaning it'll be out mid Series II - aka in 2005 if we're lucky.

As for the T6 they say it's coming and FPV has signed off on a 280kw engine, it's ready to go but they're waiting for the SMS next year to unveil it along with Series II Falcon. Grrrrrr. Gearbox issues they say. Could that mean ZF Auto and finally the GT's tranny? Hope so.

Some disheartening news otherwise. Gotta wait for a T6 that is in all respects ready to go... and the GTHO which isn't even thought about. I just wish Ford had it literally sitting there ready to shock even Motor mag but somehow... I don't htink so. Shame. Just hope they can not drop behind Holden too far again otherwise it'll make a hard case for the eventual GTHO. God by then Holden will be running the Gen IV AWD 400kw Commodore Executive family car stock with an auto....

European Ford Owners Club - Southern Region President

Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2003, 16:33   #2 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Re: Anyone read the latest issue of Motor?

Perhaps instead of continually delaying a series of non-confirmed performance models in the name of "cross promotion", they should just drop the whole idea and be done with it, and focus on simply selling more vehicles in general.

After all, as it keeps being said on the forums in every Territory thread, Ford is a company and their primary purpose is to make money. They have no obligation to build anything special or exciting - only to build things that will sell.

The SMS stand is the best example yet of this attitude. Clearly, now would be the time to stop thinking about Ford Aus like a fan, and to start thinking about them like an impartial consumer - then and only then will I not be disappointed.
Old 10-20-2003, 16:41   #3 (permalink)
I am The Brain

Don't believe everything you read Zetec....I don't really see how Motor would know if Ford had a business plan for the GTHO or not. I know they are planning for it, but at the moment are more focussed on getting back some money. With production at capacity at the moment how are they expected to chuck a GTHO on the production line. I think Motor have lost credibility..so I don't really believe anything they write.
Old 10-20-2003, 17:09   #4 (permalink)

The black Jaguar XJS that did 280kmh in the top speed test absolutely flies. I was at Sandown once when it was there and from memory it was doing low 1:20's (maybe quicker).

There was an article in a Jaguar magazine saying that its V12 had come from a 80's Le Mans car.

Last edited by REV28K; 10-20-2003 at 17:15.
REV28K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 17:22   #5 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper8LitreV10
I know they are planning for it, but at the moment are more focussed on getting back some money.
I was under the impression the GTHO rumour was being pushed by fans wanting its return since the re-introduction of the GT nameplate. And Ford are taking the free press by not confirming or denying the exisitence of such a project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP previous thread
I have no doubt we will do a GT-HO some day, but for the moment we are working on other things. We can't do everything at once so you will just have to be patient . As we sit now ,we are not working on a GT-HO progam and with so many other programs in play it is unlikely we will get there for some time.

Last edited by dave_au; 10-20-2003 at 17:24.
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 19:54   #6 (permalink)
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec
I saw towards the front 2 separate Ford bits about the FPV T6 and the GTHO. According to Motor and I may be wrong, the GTHO is not even registered on the Ford radar, doesn't even have a business plan. Now as much as I'd like to disbelieve this, it really seems very Ford-like for them to not have even preconceived it. It makes me sad to htink there isn't even a business plan for the GTHO meaning it'll be out mid Series II - aka in 2005 if we're lucky.

As for the T6 they say it's coming and FPV has signed off on a 280kw engine, it's ready to go but they're waiting for the SMS next year to unveil it along with Series II Falcon. Grrrrrr. Gearbox issues they say. Could that mean ZF Auto and finally the GT's tranny? Hope so.
I think you will not see the FPV T6 along side BAII. My impression is that BAII will be out for Melbourne Motor Show (maybe a month later). Interestingly Melbourne Motor Show is currently not scheduled according to the web site : http://www.mecc.com.au/html/custom/1...lic-events.asp

But anyway... My guess on timelines is thus:
Feb 2004 = BA II Falcon, Fairmont, utes and XR's (I6 = 182kW, 3v V8 = 220kW
April 2004 = Territory
July 2004 = Fiesta
September 2004 = FPV Series II (including new models)
+ FPV T6 = 280kW
+ GT/P = 320kW
+ Pursuit = 320kW (maybe)
+ Territory = 240/250kW (maybe)

There will be no HO in 2004. I'd be looking towards Falcon re-design in 2005/6 with FPV updates.

45,000km service coming up - and i'll be asking for a sizable list of fixes:
* Gearbox (3rd time)
* Steering click (5th time)
* Brake Shudder (2nd time, and has the applied "Fix")
* etc...
ianmcginley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 20:17   #7 (permalink)
I am The Brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_au
I was under the impression the GTHO rumour was being pushed by fans wanting its return since the re-introduction of the GT nameplate. And Ford are taking the free press by not confirming or denying the exisitence of such a project.
I was told by someone at FPV that there would be a GTHO sometime (hence me saying it is planned)...so I am believing him. He may just be fueling the fire though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmcginley
But anyway... My guess on timelines is thus:
Feb 2004 = BA II Falcon, Fairmont, utes and XR's (I6 = 182kW, 3v V8 = 220kW
April 2004 = Territory
July 2004 = Fiesta
September 2004 = FPV Series II (including new models)
+ FPV T6 = 280kW
+ GT/P = 320kW
+ Pursuit = 320kW (maybe)
+ Territory = 240/250kW (maybe)

There will be no HO in 2004. I'd be looking towards Falcon re-design in 2005/6 with FPV updates.
I was under the impression BA II would be September when the FPV range will be done (pretty sure FPV will be late 2004)

Territory will probably be a little later...maybe May

I think Fiesta will be before Territory...possibly February or March
FordHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 01:39   #8 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

BA2 will be released at the Sydney Motor show next year - so Oct 2004
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 03:04   #9 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Just because Motor says they don't have a business plan for the GTHO doesn't mean they aren't doing development work on it. Why would they tell Motor if they did anyway. That sort of information is supposed to be secret.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 03:47   #10 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

yeah i know but keeping it so secret by actually saying you're not doing a thing just keeps the enthusiasts pissed off. think of the number of guys who want a killer car and buy a GTS instead of the GTHO in the next 6 months if Ford keeps saying there won't be one. At least saying it's being developed but still saying not for another 2 years gives people more willingness to wait rather than buying the GTS. Personally yes I'd buy the GT-P but it's the principle of having Australia's meanest V8 beast which GTS has owned for years.

Then suddenly Ford springs one, everyone's happy but there's a few disgruntled new GTS and other car owners who wanted the GTHO and thought "nah I've got years". At least saying it's coming when we all know that it is even if in 3 years... gives people hope. Ford needs every dollar it can get it's hands on...

It's Mabo.. It's the vibe... it's the vibe. I rest my case.

European Ford Owners Club - Southern Region President

Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub