AP Is Worried About the Mail - A Cop Thing..... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2001, 01:19   #1 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

frown AP Is Worried About the Mail - A Cop Thing.....

I'm driving through Bungendore between Canberra and Batemans Bay, and wouldn't you know the main highway is a 50 zone! So, you gotta say the cops are right onto this so I sit on 50 with the cruise control set. Lo and behold, coming the opposite way is mr scum in a VX SS. The dog barked showing he was using instant on mode in a highly built up area.

Then, it goes up to 60 and I punch up the cruise to 60 only it momentarily overshoots up to say 65 or so. Being so scared, and I'm looking at the speedo so hard, by the time I look up there's a cop car on the other side of the road pointing at me behind a row of trees. I instinctively brake even though I suspect I'm not doing anything wrong. No barking though!

As I drive past the fat guy in the driver's seat looks at me hard and writes something down on a clipboard. It's a VX SS with radar on the roof rack, and I am 99%+ sure there was someone in the passenger seat.

However, I didn't get stopped.

Questions: (not being up to speed on laser)

1. I was told that laser requires stopping of the target vehicle?
2. Are the chasers equipped with camera equipment that prevents you having to be stopped?
3. Can laser be used through the windscreen? (I thought it couldn't due to refraction of high frequency light)

I took video and pictures of the scene and if they used radar (my equipment says not) they don't have a leg to stand on in court. I'll beat that one, but laser and the circumstances have me fretting. Thing is I wasn't doing anything wrong (very good boy lately).

Maybe cops have a sense of humour and he was dicking with me.....

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2001, 01:32   #2 (permalink)
gone

Everytime i had radar pointed my way, they have stopped me and shown reading and then booked me.

Never received one in mail.

I would be more worried about the dog barking, you sure they didnt hear it? Cause then you would be receiving something in mail!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 01:35   #3 (permalink)

Doggie is absolutely safe. Cops are behind on this one!

'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

Old 12-26-2001, 02:19   #4 (permalink)
BSR

U should be OK Pete, im sure they would have had to stop you and then show you the locked in speed on the radar should you wish to see it. When i go back to work i will ask the Highway Patrol guys

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 02:43   #5 (permalink)

I think you're pretty safe on this one Pete. I hope I'm not wrong.
Like laminge said, normally they would come after you, pull you over and go thru the motions then and there. It's the camera's you have to worry about with the unwanted mail
Russell.
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 03:00   #6 (permalink)

Why do these cops make people hate them by being so obviously offensive and patrolling this 50 zone on a major highway? The next day when I was taking the video and photos this other guy comes along and sets up a speed camera car.

There is no way a highway should go down to 50. It's for residential streets. Not to make money.

I hope you guys are right. I would hate to waste time and effort going to Queanbeyan to have this heard at court (given I live in Sydney).

Then again, maybe the guy recognised me from my NRMA days. Maybe he was the one I left stranded after he booked me previously!

Old 12-26-2001, 03:01   #7 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

Our four legged friend (and I don't mean dog) was probably having some fun with ya. As far as I was concerned, radar fines don't come in the mail like those that are camera sourced, but you are stopped an issued with your tax contribution statement.
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 04:12   #8 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

OOhh come on Bob neads the money.. He can't put the bridge tolls up any higher!!! Can he???
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 10:31   #9 (permalink)
Sideways..

If they have a hand radar, im 99% sure they MUST show you the radar with the speed on it, otherwise they cant do anything.

Im assuming this, because my cousin got caught speeding by a hand radar, and the cop stopped him.. but it was a new cop and he accidentally wiped out the speed on the radar.. so he gave him a warning and set him off :) LUCKY !! :) :) :) :)

Xtreme 275.6 rwkw, 12.93 sec quater, Phoon CAI, Siemens Injectors, StealthFX BOV with XBOX entertainment.
XF Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 21:23   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ebxr8240
OOhh come on Bob neads the money.. He can't put the bridge tolls up any higher!!! Can he???
don't give him ideas, please! he'll do it!

just another reminder: next time vote liberal guys! they're all bad, but i think that liberals have a track record of being not-as-bad as labor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub