An apology - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2002, 04:16   #1 (permalink)

An apology

Hello Fordforum members

I wish to comply a sincere apology to all forum members and give sincere remorse for my actions in some of my posts of the past.

Some of my comments bordered on very thin ice and in some cases turned a friendly forum into a backstreet in the N.Ireland or Palestine. My comments have in some cases been infammatory and in some cases downright aggressive especially to the forum admins who work long and hard to maintain this site for every Ford fan out there whoever they are and wherever they are. These admins should be commended on the hard work and dedication which makes this great and now 'huge' site what it is.

Some may remember me as the Fonz that angry punk who thought the forums were a free for all, not so no more. I've been able to convalesce on ones actions to realise how good these forums are and how I in my actions have nearly ruined them.

It may be easy for all of us to snipe on one another in these forums as the internet is very 'impersonal' to despite this everyone should not be complete a-holes to one another.
Realise you actions people no matter how 'minor' they seem
may indirectly anger or hurt others. So think before you post.
As the admins say you have a gripe with someone PM them don't start a war on the forum for everyone to see.

Censorship on these forums rightly has its place in certain 'conditions' otherwise a open welcoming website will degenerate in insults, lies and ruin any form of credibility to bear any semblance to a relationship with Ford MoCo proper.

Sure in real life we often are very different people we portay ourselves to be but our personalities should not get the better of us aigh? Save the 'mongrel' talk for the outside world not the forums. Otherwise if we charge around with our hearts on our chest we can get easily offended and thus resulting in unessecary conflict. RESPECT other peoples options no matter how silly they may seem to you and don't reduce yourself to insults and flamewars as it only brings this fourm to the www.thephora.com (now banned) level. If you don't like their opinion say so in a polite way and ovoid personal attacks, im sure in real life its unlikerly we'd ever do this.

Ideas like "I did 200kmph in a 80 zone" does not make this site seem to hold its value especially under the rule of law, forum users and the community in general. I don't want to be held responsible (nor I hope does anyone else here) hearing on the 6'o clock news some teenager wrapped himself around a tree after he went on ford fourms and got all the wrong ideas.

Motorsport enthusiasts (as well as bikers) are riding on very thin ice at the moment in the real world in general. A positive attitude towards motoring is valued on this site not some 'Friday night drags at the back of the pub attitude'. In essence to some extent where not showing ourselves very well to the community if we talk like this. Censorship does have its place as well as prevention of unesseary conflict on the forum.

For those in the forums who have a dislike in my character & personally I do sincerely apologise. Words mean very little in this world without meeting in person so this is all I can give and I have turned a new page. If you still dislike me personally don't worry im at 'aufblitzenzeigen 451'- flashpoint at LunaticSS and the admins pleasure. Don't worry one wrong move im kaput I did not get off this lightly believe me. Once again I do sincerely express my regrets and remorse on my actions and hope others can learn from what I did and not behave in such a way which is not becoming of onself to this internet community.

Ben
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2002, 05:02   #2 (permalink)
1 bad 302

Thumbs up

I used to be "young and silly", now i'm "old and silly".
The difference?? I learned from my mistakes.(most, i hope).

It takes a lot of heart to apologise publicly and shows caracter of a person. I personally wish you all the best and hope to see you back on the best forums on the net.

Jon
dragonV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 06:55   #3 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Some very wise words there Ben. I hope you can contribute freely & openly to the forums in future mate as you obviously have a great deal of inteligence in your skull..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 12:17   #4 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

i'm not aware of the issues here but i do know it takes a lot of courage to admit to mistakes publicly. well done ben.
JG33PY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 21:17   #5 (permalink)
gone

Ben

I warm welcome back.

Enjoy the forums!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 21:37   #6 (permalink)

Yeah it's good to have your input to the forums mate so glad to see you're back.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 22:26   #7 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

I'd also be assuming I missed something here, but having held onto your forum membership by the skin of your teeth, I can also assume you value being here aswell, as do the other people who took the time to sign up..

Good to see youre still with us here, your insights into various topics are intriguing, so yes, keep it up :)
discokin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 02:05   #8 (permalink)
Qld xr club member

Ben, if you have made a mistake and not prepared to admit it well I'll take my hat off to you. You are a man's man. There are a few others on this forum who could show a little more respect to others but are not man enough to admit it. Just wondering if they would say the things they say face to face to some people instead of hiding behind their computer screens.
2002 s3 xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 02:06   #9 (permalink)
Qld xr club member

that should have read ...prepared to admit it
2002 s3 xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 01:03   #10 (permalink)
gone

They?
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub