ATT: Jaytyn - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2001, 07:13   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

ATT: Jaytyn

Hey mate, i was wondering if you could tell me what type of chrome strip you used around your mesh grill and where you got it. I am having trouble finding something that will work on my predator type grill for the EL.

Thnaks mate!
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2001, 22:07   #2 (permalink)
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL

hey dude, well my standard grille is back on the car at the moment, I am in the process of re-engineering my mesh grille with stainless steel this weekend :)

Well anyway to answer your question, I used a chrome strip from Bodyliner that they use to put around the wheelarches.

It is all chrome and has a small black lip at the back that quite neatly sits up against the mesh and looks really good!

You should be able to pick it up from Autobarn or Supercheap auto,., they have heaps of widths and sizes!

Cheers Mate.
jaytyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 07:23   #3 (permalink)

hey hey jaytyn!

what i'm interested in is where you got the chrome mesh! i want that!! hehe i'm probably going to get my grille modified and i want chrome mesh for it, rather than the usual stuff.

btw, i read one of the threads that you can get tyre noise, but not smoke when you light them up. well, ask the ls1 boys that went on the cruise tonite (who were driving behind me on the old windsor road) just exactly how much smoke an AU six can make! hehehe
Old 12-03-2001, 02:11   #4 (permalink)

bump ^^^
Old 12-03-2001, 09:51   #5 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

do you have pics of that chrome mesh? i may have a source for it if it is what i have seen and used for myself.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 19:16   #6 (permalink)

hey adviliax. try metalmesh www.metalmesh.com.au or SSV.

They both have the stuff you need...

:s6:
Old 12-03-2001, 19:18   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by adviliax mortus
ask the ls1 boys that went on the cruise tonite (who were driving behind me on the old windsor road) just exactly how much smoke an AU six can make! hehehe
Whats the best way to make smoke in an AU Six Auto?

Foot on brake, rev it up, let go of brake?
Not that I am going to try somehting like this... I just got new tyres :s6: :s2:
Old 12-04-2001, 01:53   #8 (permalink)

normally, you can't do it... hehe it simply hasn't got enough power to do that, as you would have discovered.

this was a hairpin turn so it was as simple as flooring it half way through the turn.

i've never tried reving it all the way and letting go off the brake because i doubt that would work either, because, again, the car wouldn't have enough power to sustain the loss of traction. BUT, if you can get the rear wheels spinning and then stop the car, you should be able to do it as long as you keep the revs high.

eg. in the wet, just put your foot on the brake, put the car in first and floor it! the rear wheels should start spinning and soon after that smoking. if you take out the spare tyre and leave hardly any fuel in the petrol tank, you should be able to do it in the dry as well. if you start doing a donut, and you slowly bring the car under control, again, you should be able to achieve the same effect.

***DISCLAIMER***

this information is provided only for reference and adviliax mortus does not encourage this horrible behavious in any way!

hehehehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub