Attack Of The Road Wankers - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2003, 05:45   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

mad Attack Of The Road Wankers

Well just this night I was travelling home from a mates place in a lesirely cruise across Maitland, when I came across a woad wanker. This fellow driving a tarted up White VW Golf (I've got your number plates Mr if your out there) in the right lane refused to move to the left so I could confortably overtake him , so I took him from the left will atleast I tried to.

Guess what for the next 15km he was moving from the left and right lanes prevented me from getting past him. He thought It was some sort of race Jesus Christ as if its a bloody racetrack or something. For safety sake I let him 'win' this race as I did not wish to risk a accident for him trying to deliberately collect my car so nobody could get past him.

What is so frightening is that this driver can keep a license and drive a car pretended he's playing some Nintendo game or something but he does not realise its with real cars and people do get hurt in real life. I don't want to box this guys face in o no Id be down to his level Id just want to educate him politely 'road manners' and basic ettiiqute on our roads which I think we've lost in my nearly 25 odd years in driving round the joint. I think that why we have so many road ragers and wankers out there is that common sense is not common and manners on the road for safe are unheard of and not taught either. I wonder if any of you had a experience that could make me or others feel better that there are decent drivers on the road or you can tell us all your road rage and road wanker incidents.
Ramrod429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2003, 06:03   #2 (permalink)
E-Series Cameraman

I'm telling you now, youth are getting dumber and dumber and dumber and dumber and dumber and so on... All this racing idiocy where you're not bloody supposed to is just wrong and dangerous. Damn those bloody rice movies. DAMN THEM TO HELL! Do they think they're impressing someone? I say when a car crashes due to wreckless driving, then the idiot who was driving deserves to die in a horrible burning wreck. I just hope that he doesn't take out any innocents when doing it.

I swear we need a road vigilante. Run these bastards off the road I say.

Sorry my rant is over. I agree with you completely.

Alex
The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 06:27   #3 (permalink)
Ford Member

Don't kill em mate let the road sort them out...

Its not just car racing movies we had Steve McQueen and Robby "pretty boy" Redford doing car racing thats not new.
I think its society with fast this fast that (fast food, self serve, fast service) 7 day working weeks, fast music yarda yarda.
Extra stress has obviously have contributed to idiot driving
behaviour as well as our 'accepted' lifestyle. The term 'rage' this rage that road rage, shopping rage, trolley rage, food rage shite what next. These cash register shrinks carn't wait to find a new social disorder and society being the biggest bunch of hypocondriacs accept and don't see anything wrong. I remember growing up as a kid with no stress, 5 working days, 40 hour week, steady families and easy living was the norm. Then all these lefty freedom farts scream social control and stuff up whats been the norm for the past few thousand years of gradual progress not bloody social revolution since the 60's. We've become so individual and so self centred its no wonder why our roads are a warzone, work is hell and you can't walk the boadwalk at night no more either. Man give me a big XA 2 door I'll march up to parliament house and tell them to wake up and smell the roses before we do end up like Mad Max. Sorry folks it just about my gripe about society in general.
Ramrod429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 07:16   #4 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

How old was the driver ?

Now if I was inclined to do something potentially illegal, I would keep a red flashing emergency light in my car - many of those three in one torch things have them. They'll work. So long as its red and flashing.

Anyway they work wonders when something like that happens in front of you - throw it on the dash and they will probably think he/she has just been nicked by the cops.

Becomes even funnier when they actually pull over to the side of the road.

But hey, Im sure there is some law against doing that- probably impersonating an emergency services car or something. Of course, then again, you could be in that field.

Disclaimer: Emergency Vehicles are actually subject to more crashes whilst under lights - some drivers just panic and hit the brakes, or panic and get in the way. Plus it would be hard to explain to highway patrol (hence never have a blue flashing light).
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 07:51   #5 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by dave_au
Now if I was inclined to do something potentially illegal, I would keep a red flashing emergency light in my car - many of those three in one torch things have them. They'll work. So long as its red and flashing.

Anyway they work wonders when something like that happens in front of you - throw it on the dash and they will probably think he/she has just been nicked by the cops.

Becomes even funnier when they actually pull over to the side of the road.
hahaha nice one.

But yeah there is a heap o dumb ass drivers around.
Some peolpe think there doing the right thing doing what they done to you "teaching 'hoons' a lesson" (not callin ya a hoon)

Quote:
Damn those bloody rice movies. DAMN THEM TO HELL!
Amen to that

Jase
2nd EF GLi, 'custom' interior, extractors, exhuast
3rd EA Fairmont 5spd, low'd, extractors, exhuast, head
work, 3.45LSD, EL dash, interior+ El ECU
4th EB2 Fairmont, EL dash and interior, BBM, LSD etc etc
5th EB Fairmont Ghia 5L. All leather, lowered, exhaust etc
EFJase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 22:07   #6 (permalink)
Mountain man'

racing is fun, ive only done it from traffic lights up until the speed limit, but cmon guys u gotta admit when u beat someone its a pretty cool feeling, as for the wanker who wouldent let u pass from now on i will stick my middle finger up at all the VW golf's
Old 06-11-2003, 23:25   #7 (permalink)
Otherwise known as Robbo

red and blue lights work wonders.

my mates a cop and he "borrowed" a set of blue and red flashing dash mounted lights just for me - i wanted them so when i park the new BA i can chuck em on the dash and no-one should mess with the car (in theory)

Anyway he said i could have em as long as i dont mess around with them and only use them when parked - that lasted a couple of months...now im sure this is highly illegal, but when someone pisses me off i just turn on the lights, they pull over and i drive straight past - highly risky i know, im sure im breaking some sort of law here......i think ill try my best to only use them when parking!!!
Also - Kawasaki ZZR, soon to be Kawasaki ZX6R.
XRSIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 23:37   #8 (permalink)

bwahahaha @ XRSIK
yes, illegal, but very well done all the same :)
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub