ATTN:- Brisbane and Gold Coast ppls - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2003, 02:23   #1 (permalink)
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC

ATTN:- Brisbane and Gold Coast ppls

ok now that i have your attention, it has become a concern of mine that over the past few months there has been a rather big knee jerk reaction to what (jo public) call 'Hoons' which there are some of no doubt but the over all car enthusist community.

last night saturday 14th was the breaking point for myself, the crackdown on broardwater carpark was insane and out of line by the police task force, there were arrogant over the top and heavy handed police sent to butcher the last remaining place that we had to show off our cars and i mean that seriously, it was well away from residential areas and people have an unritten respect law not to draw unnessary attention to the carpark, hell my parents have even come down with me on a night to watch all the goings on and there is NOTING out of line that goes on in that carpark i mean there are cameras for gods sake and we want respect but it seems like there is no logic with state federal and local government and those who police the laws.

now instead of getting angry and saying how bad it is, maybe its time to take a steep in the right direction, how do the police get the message out to the public and bung on their tactics that we are all hoons?? MEDIA, its the 21st centery we can beat these ppl and dont need to take court action as that will only cause them to spend more of my hard earnt tax dollars to defend themselves with 8 lawyers. I am as of tonight sending a letter to my local member, with follow ups to state and then federal levels with my concerns on the matter, im getting a petition signed by as many people as i can to get support at this, the ball has already started to roll in Queensland, people arnt going to put up with this, im also writing to dick johnson and peter brock as they to support car enthusists and the need for a track between brisbane and the gold coast and a lacks in laws for car enthusists, but say at the same time if you provide this system than you are more than ok to go after street racers if they dont use the facilities that are available to them becasue at the moment we have nothing and honnestly thats not good enough.

there are enough people to make this happen so how about it email me : hsv_i_just_beat_1@hotmail.com, or post here your support and who you are, i want to combat this and the more people write to the news papers and tv stations with letters of support and with the correct wording, as in not **** ALL COPS etc we may just win this battle as it is far from over and i promise that.....

so whos with me? lets nail these bastards in the right way with the right tact:)

White NL Fairlane Ghia, 'TQE', Superlows, Limo Tint, Pacemaker Tuned length comp spec extractors and lukey exhaust system with 5L cat, ported/polished head to flow 330hp, custom grind AU BILLET cam, chiptorque HP4 reprogramable chip, Alpine MP3/DVD/CD headunit, 550W alpine V series AMP, 12' Alpine Sub, 18" Advanti Chrome Alloys.

191.3RWHP 15.301@92MPH willowbank raceway. ghay 3.08 single spinner:(
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2003, 02:41   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Your heart is in the right place but may I suggest you contact the local commander of the police and arrange for a car to be there during organised cruises. (This has bitten people before > FPV Family Day) but it has also had a large measure of success with the MElbourne Car Cruise Registry. If you can get the local police to co operate with the cruisers then those that go laying rubber and dragging will move on. It also makes the cruisers take a look at their cars and make them road worthy.
If that fails then you go writing to local members etc.

Next time 'you' stand watching someone Do Skids, Lay Rubber ( or whatever the term is these days ) in public remember that these people are causing the shit that befalls everyone these days.
No, I am not an angel but realise that there is a time and a place unlike some others.
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 02:49   #3 (permalink)
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC

XA coupe i under stand were you are comming from, all except there is usualy a cruser there, and they dont need to go defecting cars we like to express ourselves through our cars others do it through other means its my hobbie, like my neighbours play golf, he spends 2000 on clubs i spend it on mags u see diffrent ppl have diffrent intrests, and not only that, how many other cars on the road have no headlights and tail lights etc such as a grumpy old prick who lives down the road who dosnet belive in wearing seatbelts and only has one headlight but NEVER gets pulled over for it now when there is one rule for car enthusists as to ppl who still disobay road rules but get away with it, and how many shimick cars do u see with lights out etc its always the too low or to loud factior ITS NOT GOING TO KILL PPL its only a minor thing and because the police have this power there are those in the force who abuse it and use it to their advantage you know this is right so dont deny it but im saying we arnt all angles but harrasment isnt the way to combat this problem by our angle or the local authroities if u get my meaning

White NL Fairlane Ghia, 'TQE', Superlows, Limo Tint, Pacemaker Tuned length comp spec extractors and lukey exhaust system with 5L cat, ported/polished head to flow 330hp, custom grind AU BILLET cam, chiptorque HP4 reprogramable chip, Alpine MP3/DVD/CD headunit, 550W alpine V series AMP, 12' Alpine Sub, 18" Advanti Chrome Alloys.

Old 06-15-2003, 03:19   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

get over the "its a hobby like golf' mentality or you WILL lose this.

You need to get organised, you need to have the police allocate you a car for the night.

You see it as harassment, they see it as keeping the peace. You have to work with them rather than against them. The guys at MCCR spent ages thinking like you and once they started working with the police in an organised fashion the problem has dramatically reduced.

Do what you will, I am only offering advice
Old 06-15-2003, 03:47   #5 (permalink)
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC

what do u mean allocate you a car for the night?

keeping the peace all its doing is creating very angry young men because these guys are being arseholes, in the car park we did nothing to deserve this attention, thats why im pissed.

and it would be called harrassment in anyone words, when you are constantly followed, and tightly controled where other motorists get away with breaking similer road rules with no worries of getting pulled over becasue they dont have modified cars sorry but it just dosent cut it and through the media is the only way we can combat this stupid mentality of government and the traffic cops

Old 06-15-2003, 04:12   #6 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

XA the police do allocate cars - they allocate about 400 of the bastards!!!!!

you could bash someone to death in the middle of caville avenue with a cold big mac and you would be pretty sure to get away with it, but 500m away if you leave a certain carpark with 5% more throttle than the police deem absolutely necessary you WILL get busted.

a guy from fastfords.org has a EA, stock as a rock except for my suspension (i sold him my old xr6 springs and shocks) the motor leaks like a seive and runs like a 3 legged dog, there are many unroadworthy items on it, anyway, they were at the carpark last night, drove in, drove around, drove out, no worries.

meanwhile people in late model comos and falcons and skylines, all in good nick, all well kept and straight as a die, were getting f*cked over by the cops, bent over and no lubricant used!

Broadwater Car Park used to be a 'safe place' where car enthusiasts could gather on friday and saturday nights, talk crap for a few hours then go home, with an agreement between the cops and the 'hoons' that if we dont do anything stupid in the carpark then they wont come in the carpark and bother us.

they have broken this agreement by blocking off the carpark and setting up a defect station - clearly this is unfair and also jewish.

this is most of the problem we have with cops - no matter how we drive our cars, if they look non-standard then you Will get pulled over and the cops Will defect you for everything they can, but if you drive a busted ass shitter on bald retreads you dont even get a second look.

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 04:22   #7 (permalink)
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC

you hit that right on the head Rollin and thats why im trying to get the ball rolling and maybe bring some balance between cops being anal and car enthusists being pig headed, now do u get where im comming from?

Old 06-15-2003, 04:30   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

well, I have seen it from both sides of the fence and given you some advice ...you guys go ahead and do it as you see fit.
Old 06-15-2003, 04:34   #9 (permalink)

the easy way to not get defected is to make sure your mods are legal.i know i had that problem with my monaro until i got it engineered then all was fine.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 04:35   #10 (permalink)
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC

as i plan to do, if it means anything i have taken your thoughts on board but its hard to explain the situation if you havent been there first hand im sure you would agree with that, but thanks for you input it hasnt gone unnotices XA im not going to go off half cocked about this:)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub