Au Ii Xr6 Vct - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2001, 04:12   #1 (permalink)
Australian XR6 Member

Question Au Ii Xr6 Vct

Recently purchased an AU2 XR6 VCT, Oct 2000 build, all options with 20000 km's on the clock.

Having a beer at the local tonight, and it was a 50/50 discussion.

50% of the people said that they had heard great reviews aout this model, while the other 50% had heard that they were a lemon and had nothing but problems.

Whilst I expect some in the negative 50% are Holden fans, can anyone give me any info on this model.

More importantly, what (if any) should i be looking out for over the remaining warranty period.

Thanks in advance.......
Dinga's XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2001, 10:34   #2 (permalink)

I haven't heard anything that you should be concerned about specifically with that model. There are VCt owners on this board so I am sure they will say if there is something. Being an IRS car you may experience some problems with the diff. Seems to be a problem with a high percentage of IRS Fords and Holdens for that matter
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 11:40   #3 (permalink)
Australian Probe Member

Can't say I've heard anything directly negative, are you sure they just weren't talking about the AU in general (wash my mouth out)?
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 14:59   #4 (permalink)
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL

I cant say there are any mechanical problems with them. They are a fantastic car. But like Ian said, you may diff trouble on the IRS model.

But if you get annoyed by the little niggling problems, you might get a few *Ducks from flames*
I have found: Door seal chatter, dash creaks and groans, and suspension clunks..
jaytyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 15:36   #5 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Welcome Dinga, good to see another Penrith lad on the forums.

I've got an August 2000 build XR6 HP. I've had no diff worries so far, but with the IRS you might come across them. They may have had the fix done already, but monitor it anyway.

Otherwise, the VCT is a good car. The 4.0l engine has standard things to check and look out for like rocker cover leaks (look for oil around the top of the engine), head gasket leaks (coolant loss is a typical sign), but you probably won't see these during the warranty period.

If you're planning to go crazy with mods, the VCT isn't the preferred version of the AU Intech 4.0ls. But stock, it's a smoother, slightly better revving engine than the HP.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub