Aussie cars in the US? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2001, 21:55   #1 (permalink)
GTHO4

Read Aussie cars in the US?

Since we are getting the Mustangs here...why doesn't Ford Australia export our cars to the US?
There's been a lot of good response from other disscussion boards as a lot of Americans like the design of our Falcons.
This can only be good for Ford Australia in the money situation and our economy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2001, 23:50   #2 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Politics. Politics. Politics.
Imagine if our cars whipped the ass of the american stuff. Wouldn't look too good.
Plus, most americans like FWD and 'refinement'. Our cars don't qualify except for minority buyers.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 07:18   #3 (permalink)
EL Fairmont Ghia Member

Politics is it, as a former employee of Ford Australia we are always told how insignificant we were in Ford world, and how we had to constantly justify our existence......Sorry state of affairs that. Anyhow the yanks make crap cars. Their quality is no where near ours, imo. The falcon would whip butt I think in US markets. And also those Middle Eastern markets. I wonder what Ford Australia is exporting these days, a few to NZ, some to Suid Afrika, maybe the odd XR to England, but otherwise zip. CTX got canned..............

Jas
VilkasMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 07:59   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

mad

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete
Powerful american unions don't help the situation either. We'll need a minor miracle to get FoMoCo board approval for an export program, then call in Jesus to move some mountains with the Seppo unions.. I wouldn't put money on it happening in the near future.. :(
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 08:24   #5 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

This same conversation goes on over at my other site. Seems a lot of guys would love to have the Holdens imported here. Or have the power outputs of the Mid-East Caprice. It would never happen. Since we have these crappy laws about gas mileage and all. I would buy myself a Tickford or Holden over a Ford or Chevy if it was reasonably priced.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 08:33   #6 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

mad

Quote:
Originally posted by LunaticSS
Seems a lot of guys would love to have the Holdens imported here
I'm not too sure but I think you guys may be getting the monaro overthere? Does anyone know if this is correct or not?? :confused:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
Old 05-26-2001, 08:40   #7 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

If they are there are very FEW people that know about it.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 08:48   #8 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

confused

I can't remember where I read it, but it was in an australian magazine recently. Might have been wheels I think. Not all that sure though.. :confused:
Old 05-26-2001, 09:05   #9 (permalink)
CobraSplash

Hey just wanted to let ya guys know not all us "Yankes" like FWD
I believe a wheel was meant to do 1 of 2 things either turn or propel, now seriously you really think about it and it is totally true. When you get a bloody fwd on ice and turn the wheel and gun it what happens? you go straight. I hate FWD, I like all kinds of cars and just happen to have a Ranger, I would love to get a new MOPAR but as long as they don't have a performance RWD car to sell I won't be getting one. If ford sent over the Falcon I think I might be inclined to get one of those. My next new car is going to be a Mustang. By the way I watch your V8 Super Touring Car series on SpeedVision and love it. The Falcon is a very stylish car and Ford could us it here. What do we got a fwd 4drTarus that they use in NASCAR as a 2dr rwd race car, they could use it in NASCAR and have something a little bit closer to what we watch race every week on tv sitting on the showroom floor. You guys have always had cool cars over there, I never new about the Fords till I came to this board, one of my favorite cars over there would have to be the Charger with the Hemi Slant Six. i have seen one that was exported here and it was a cool little car.

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete
Imagine if our cars whipped the ass of the american stuff. Wouldn't look too good.
Plus, most americans like FWD and 'refinement'. Our cars don't qualify except for minority buyers.
Old 05-28-2001, 17:01   #10 (permalink)
Australian Forte Member

Cobra splash Charger doesn't have slant 6. It has hemi 6 I used to own one.If you wan't new rwd in US and it's not atruck or luxo barge then it looks like you're out of luck from what I can see .Maybe you blokes should personal import your own XR8's from here . I see that someone has imported XR8 ute into US. It might cost but youre not going to pass another one going down the street are you and Aust dollar is only 50 somthing cents US.I remember in the 80's someone was exporting 351 XE's to the US. :D :D
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub