Autospeed has a bitch - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2003, 05:21   #1 (permalink)
Veteran revhead

roll Autospeed has a bitch

Thought you guys might find this interesting as you generally have something to say about Autospeed sometimes.

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_1749/article.html

Dunno what the rest of the article says, I am not gonna subscribe to read their crap either
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2003, 07:26   #2 (permalink)
Ford Member

Hmmm seems like they have only written half a page a tripe, the rest of it seems to be covered with a completely massive A'PEXi runout sale they are having..

I used to be a very active autospeed member, I used to frequent thier board everyday, and even won myself a subscription.. and a chupa chump... had a hat and a sticker as well..

Then things really got weird.. People left, they closed the forums, upped the fee and the articles really became completely irrelevant for me, and I noticed Julian kinda became, errr.. Insane'ish complaining about physics, the car industry in general, and measuring air pressure with a bong..

"Both Julian and I are completely independent and impartial in what we write - if we report on something terrific you can be guaranteed that it really is."

Are Julian and Michael completely independant of each other or of all things in general?

Drop into almost any automotive forum and ask for a opinion on Autospeed, most hold it in low reguard or have had serious issues..

Julian has a bit of a record too when it comes to stiring stuff up..
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 08:56   #3 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

Well I like auto speed there DIY stuff is brillient.
I subscribed and I've found the only other good tech write ups are in Zoom.
Old 05-05-2003, 15:38   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Julian Edgar and me
Picky I know but fractured English has been discussed several times before on FF.

Quote:
Both Julian and I are completely independent and impartial in what we write

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 15:55   #5 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Julian Edgar lost the plot a long time ago. As for that article, can anyone say, desperate grab for attention!!!

They do indeed have some great tech articles, but it's such a shame to have them all under the ignorant reign of an idiot like Edgar.
Old 05-05-2003, 16:44   #6 (permalink)
Zoomer

Reading autospeed is like drinking instant coffee, it may be coffee, but it leaves you with a bad after taste.

I like the fact that they caved up the turbo zet. The only public mag to have the balls to do so. And I like their appraisal on the Tickford factory, tough, but fair.

You read motor & wheelies and everyone’s a winner. It’s more of a mutual love society actually. Nothing really negative to say about anyone. Why? Because you can’t bight the hand that feeds you. And the car companies love anything to do with a Packer mag. That’s why when a particular packer mag wrote off a 350Z, no drama. You try and arrange for a press car. Unless you’re from PBL, forget it, wait 4 weeks until they’ve had a go.

At least Autospeed have fired a few shots off, shame about the elitist ‘im the only independent mag’ attitude.
Old 05-05-2003, 23:14   #7 (permalink)

Autospeed contains no more crap than Wheels, Motor or any other car mag, except maybe Fast Fours. The sheer volume of writeups that Autospeed do makes it a good value subscription. With car mags, I guess u just gotta read a couple and decide for urself.

Feels good reading a review that dares put the mighty STi back in its place though...
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub