Av Falcon Pics?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2002, 17:14   #1 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member
 
Phase3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Gold Coast
Age: 41
Posts: 77
Av Falcon Pics??

With 2002 here and the AV Falcon fast approaching, the overall design must be finalised and out there somewhere doing the ol endurance testing. - I notice a few of the members talking about "Spy shots" of the new beast & I'm wondering if anyone has any, or knows of their location somewhere out there in Cyberspace???
__________________
And its Hooroo, from the Super Roo
Phase3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-05-2002, 17:27   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
 
Donut King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ford - No Victories!
Age: 32
Posts: 5,809
Re: Av Falcon Pics??

Quote:
Originally posted by Phase3
With 2002 here and the AV Falcon fast approaching, the overall design must be finalised and out there somewhere doing the ol endurance testing. - I notice a few of the members talking about "Spy shots" of the new beast & I'm wondering if anyone has any, or knows of their location somewhere out there in Cyberspace???
There are quite often shots in wheels and motor Magazines, and these are quite often scanned and posted up by people on their geoshities (for the uneducated thats geocities) pages or other free hosting services.
We would rather keep the images of these forums for a few different reasons, but quite often people put up links to websites that have the masked spy shots from wheels or motor in them.

There are no spyshots that show the AV unmasked anywhere that I have seen, and lets hope it stays that way.
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 18:11   #3 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™
 
FM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Gettin' ready for MiniChucky!
Age: 38
Posts: 10,144
Quote:
Originally posted by DONUT KING
There are no spyshots that show the AV unmasked anywhere that I have seen, and lets hope it stays that way.
And if unmasked shots do happen to make their way onto these pages then they will be removed post haste. A lot of work has gone into building a relationship with Ford Oz and FordForums. We will do what it takes to protect that relationship.

Feel free to post any unmasked piccies of competitors vehicles however..
__________________
Chucky's saying of the month- Finish your beer! There are sober kiddies in Ethiopia.."
Another BSR BigCall™
--------------------------------------
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 19:02   #4 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.
 
3Toed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 39
Posts: 3,086
Also, if we don't know what it looks like it will make the unveiling that much better. It wouldn't be as exciting to see it at a dealer or in a magazine at or after its launch and already know how it looks. Keep it under wraps I say!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 21:44   #5 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Rocklyn
Posts: 7,750
Quote:
Originally posted by Ford Man

A lot of work has gone into building a relationship with Ford Oz and FordForums. We will do what it takes to protect that relationship.

Feel free to post any unmasked piccies of competitors vehicles however..
From a personal perspective I wouldn't like to see competitors cars on here either. For the people that don't know, this site has a sistor site in Gm forums. I am sure John would like to have the same relationship with the Gm side as we do with Ford. As John owns both sites should ford pictures show up on GM I doubt they would be happy. Same has to apply in reverse.
While John own interests in both sites, IMO we have to at least give some respect to this situation.
I haven't talked to John, this is just my view. I don't believe either company would gain much form pictures we post. Of far greater importance might be techincal information that may give a greater picture of directions for future models.
The media however would be extremely pleased to jump on the pictures of any model.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 21:46   #6 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
 
Adam W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Bendigo, Victoria, Australia
Age: 35
Posts: 1,610
Speculating about the looks and mechanicals of upcoming models is more fun anyway.
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 21:48   #7 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Rocklyn
Posts: 7,750
Quote:
Originally posted by Adam W
Speculating about the looks and mechanicals of upcoming models is more fun anyway.
That it is.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 21:50   #8 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
 
Donut King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ford - No Victories!
Age: 32
Posts: 5,809
Tongue

Quote:
Originally posted by HSE2


That it is.
Even funnier when you read something you speculated about down the track on another website because a lurker has taken it as gospel and decided to share his great "discovery" with everyone else :s6: :s3
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 21:57   #9 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Rocklyn
Posts: 7,750
Quote:
Originally posted by DONUT KING


Even funnier when you read something you speculated about down the track on another website because a lurker has taken it as gospel and decided to share his great "discovery" with everyone else :s6: :s3
That thought never crossed my mind but you are right. What about when the model is released and you go back over the car mags for the last 12 months and read what the model should have had and compairing it to what it actually ended up having!
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 22:02   #10 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
 
Donut King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ford - No Victories!
Age: 32
Posts: 5,809
Quote:
Originally posted by HSE2


That thought never crossed my mind but you are right. What about when the model is released and you go back over the car mags for the last 12 months and read what the model should have had and compairing it to what it actually ended up having!
I do that occasionally, and sometimes you wonder how they got it so wrong :oo1: :s5
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BA Falcon Interior Reveal RPO83 Ford Worldwide News 5 09-16-2003 18:12
Falcon is ... Hobbes The Pub 26 08-05-2003 06:14
BA XT vs VY Exec in today's Herald Sun Johnno Australian Falcons 11 06-25-2003 01:26
Falcon XR8 to Continue Sales Momentum RPO83 Australian Falcons 22 01-24-2003 04:40
V8 Supercars Practice 1 & 2 JEM Ford Racing Across the Globe 1 04-26-2002 21:54

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 15:27.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.