AV or VY first to market ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2002, 16:38   #1 (permalink)
Soon to become: Jake_XR6

Question AV or VY first to market ?

When the VT & AU launch was on the VT had the advantage since
it got to the market first, and got wide media coverage.

The AV and VY are both due in Sep. I hope that this time around Ford gets the car into the market first.

Are there any other advantages/disadvantages of doing this ?

I believe that if you go first you are seen as the market leader.
Air Intake: T-Series, K&N Filter.
Brakes: Calipers painted red, DBA slotted rotors & Lucas pads.
Windows: Tinted.
Gearstick: Shortened.
Fuel: Dual Fuel.
Dyno: 143 rwKw (Dynodynamics - shootout mode).
Heathcote: 15.87 @ 89.1 Mph.
BLACK XR6-VCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2002, 17:23   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by XFSVO
I believe that if you go first you are seen as the market leader.
That is the common belief of 95% of Average Joes out there. I lost count of how many people said to me "Ford just copied Holden cause they brought out a new commondoor."
People have no appreciation of development cycle. Hence the word "Marketing" comes into play if you are first on the market with a new or refreshed vehicle..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 18:01   #3 (permalink)

I think Ford might have an edge if they released first as long as the bloody thing is ready. Don't want Ford to rush something just to beat GMH if there are still some bugs to iron out. I'm sure GP and friends know this already.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 00:57   #4 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon
I think Ford might have an edge if they released first as long as the bloody thing is ready. Don't want Ford to rush something just to beat GMH if there are still some bugs to iron out. I'm sure GP and friends know this already.
Have faith little Ford doodles, I'm sure GP knows this as otherwise they wouldn't have made him the boss.

Unfortunately all your will hear from Holden is 'all your sales are belong to us' - again.

Now where's my poking thingo....

Ah - there it is...
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 02:23   #5 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Quote:
Originally posted by Brendan

Have faith little Ford doodles, I'm sure GP knows this as otherwise they wouldn't have made him the boss.

Unfortunately all your will hear from Holden is 'all your sales are belong to us' - again.

Now where's my poking thingo....

Ah - there it is...
Brendan, sounds like that poking thingemejig of yours is your favourite toy on ford forums. :s3
Yes i have faith in the new AV and with GP being boss i reckon we'd start reeling in the sales figures, won't turn around over night but it will happen slowly just like when the XF was dominating in sales and holden finally over took ford with the release of VT.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 05:31   #6 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford Man

That is the common belief of 95% of Average Joes out there. I lost count of how many people said to me "Ford just copied Holden cause they brought out a new commondoor."
People have no appreciation of development cycle. Hence the word "Marketing" comes into play if you are first on the market with a new or refreshed vehicle..
I would have thought it would be the other way round. That poeple would think the latest thing on the market must be the best. It's the same with anything, the later the better (sometimes). I'm not sure if the general public will be hanging out to wait till both commodore and falcon are out before making purchase, but I can see if either commodore or falcon is out first, and that one has had some goos wrap ups in the mdeia and also looks the part, then it should be a winner from the start. I really hope ford's beancounters learned to count over the single figure digit this time round.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 19:08   #7 (permalink)
Ford Member

Advertising will be one of the most critical aspects of AV being succesfull IMO. Ford must under all circumstances advertise AVs styling as being a class leader rather than what the Falcon misses styling wise {to Commodore} it gains in mechanical engineering which is the impression i got with AU1 and only really the styling of XRs being advertised.
DR XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub