BA doesn't even look like an AU - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2002, 22:44   #1 (permalink)
RadXR8Rebel

mad BA doesn't even look like an AU

I don't know what your going on about, they don't even look like an AU, further more if Holden's new car looks anything like that which was displayed in the Motor magazine Ford will be back to #1!!

I think the BA looks awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2002, 23:13   #2 (permalink)
Ford Tickford Experience

Of course it doesn't look like one, otherwise it wouldn't be a new model Hehe, but nah, if you do look properly at both, you can see what it shares with the AU, ie doors. And the rear lights follow the style of the AU, just shaped differently to suit the new body. Not that any of that is a bad thing as the AU was underrated due to the cheap look of the base model.
Old 08-06-2002, 23:19   #3 (permalink)
RadXR8Rebel

biggrin Yeah! AU!

Well I loved the AU, I thought it was awesome. I loved the AUII even more of course. My brother had an AU2 XR6, then about 8 months ago (don't know exact) we upgraded to something a little better, an XR8 Rebel, mmm very nice.

Anyways the new shape is also very awesome, I love it!
Old 08-07-2002, 00:35   #4 (permalink)
Patriotic Aussie car fan

While the BA looks very good.

After it was unveiled, I suddenly look at AU's on the road differently. I really don't mind them now (I didn't like them that much before, I never hated them though).

A case of not knowing what you've got until it is gone?
Old 08-07-2002, 04:51   #5 (permalink)
Saving for a BA XR6t

Yeah I agree. As great as the BA is, it's gonna be sad seeing the AU become a part of history.
Old 08-07-2002, 06:11   #6 (permalink)
HSV eater

Look at the lights on the VY pic in motor. They are just the AU Falcons lights with a fluro circle. I think even Holden should get more credit. As for missing the Au, I will be glad to see the end of it because it caused Ford to fall down the charts and after owning one, I have had my share of woes. Having said that, the face of the AU has a happy personality and the sound it makes in second gear is characterful of the Falcon badge. The Falcon is the kind of car that makes you sad to see it go, but the AU was not that good.
Old 08-07-2002, 18:27   #7 (permalink)
Ford Tickford Experience

A stock AU probably never looked as good as a stock EL, but it drove better than one.
Old 08-07-2002, 20:12   #8 (permalink)
X-TRAIL 4X4

AU 2 with 17" tickford rims look sweet, expecially in Narooma blue.

Not bad buying secondhand either

-- Webber + Williams = 2005 Champs --
Stealth00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 04:48   #9 (permalink)

i actualy dont like the center consol of the au xr series (thats all i dont like though dont get me wrong). the buttons look a bit big and remind me of an xf falcon no idea why?! But aside from that i think in a dark colour with tint they are a very nice car. the main objection to them is the base moddle headlights look like a rounded version of a VK (HUGE SQUARES!).

I would love to see the inerior of the new BA XR. If i could afford it i would love the turbo, i can see it being the 'vl' in 10 -> 15 years. I hope ford dont cripple it to make the v8s sell.
90 KF Ghai - Tint,'S' rims, (GF 'new' Car)
05 BA MKII Falcon - Xr6 NA, 5spd man, mandarin ...
swatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 06:33   #10 (permalink)

Through all this talk of BA and VY we need to keep in mind that the doors and therefore the character of the entire bodyside is carryover for both these cars... That dopey crease that sits too low along the AU bodyside is still there...
With $500 million dollars to spare, Ford could have chosen to reskin the doors instead of developing new engines, new suspension etc.... I'd argue the AU doors required more urgent work than the 6 cylinder powerplant that already outgrunted the Commodore V6 anyway...
falkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub