BA Falcon and Tickford - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2002, 03:32   #1 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Question BA Falcon and Tickford

Ok I realise this has been discussed before, but i'd like to open a discussion once again about the future of Tickford and it's relation with the falcon range. It has come to my awareness that the separation of Tickford and Ford may be more possible than most of us think.

I feel that over the 10 years Tickford as a performance arm of Ford served and aided the brand image exceptionally well.
Both the XR6 and XR8 models hollow their name now due to the Tickford brand. Keep in mind that the AU sales disaster was around the other models not the XR's. Tickford Vehicles has always been seen as a sought after model.

I've always felt that the XR's after market parts fitting by Tickford gave the edge and a kind of uniqueness compared to the S and SS commodores in Holden.

What i would like to also know is what is the likelyhood of Ford completely axing the Tickford name and just have the XR model names. If so would the TSeries still be under the Tickford badge or will it too have the Tickford dropped.
Also another question, are tickfords still going to do the inhouse spoiler, bodykits, engine tweaks and wheels like the current or will it all be done at the Ford production ala Commodore S and SS.

Last but not least if the Tickford name does drop, where does it leave all the loyal Tickford followers now? When Ford and Tickford published "Blue Print Magazine" it really hollowed the Tickford name and gave me inspiration and assured confidence that buying a Tickford Vehicle was indeed special and will be special for many years.
As a person who's just recently bought a Tickford vehicle and waiting 5 years till the day I would hate to see this disappear down the drain.
From a concearned soul.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2002, 03:44   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

My views are well documented here.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 03:47   #3 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

What is wrong with the relationship between Ford and Tickford?

If Ford and Tickford do not make cars together then I think Ford will be losing alot of customers. It is probably becasue of Tickford that alot of poeple have bought Fords.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 04:00   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

If you ever get to go to the Ford hospitality tent at a V8 SuperCar round or any other event where both Ford and Tickford representatives are present you will get the picture very clearly.

It reminds you a bit of two parties to a divorce who stand on opposite sides of the room and glare at each other. There is certainly none of the unity that used to be apparent in the pre-Prodrive era - which we undoubtedly come to recognise as the "golden days".

Whatever "relationship" is forced on these two parties by commercial reality and regardless of what the talking heads may say I have no doubt that the honeymoon is over.

I am sure though that there will be some product from Tickford, whether independantly or Ford endorsed. Could be some interesting times ahead.

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 05:26   #5 (permalink)
No longer around

ive heard that all 4 indipendent arse ends (settings) will be fitted on the production line (not at tickford/prodrive) if ford are doing the tuning and the like "inhouse" this would phase out tickford anyways wouldnt it???
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 17:02   #6 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Well it seems that the front lights will be common to the other models, and suspension will be inhouse ford, looks like Tickford are left out of the deal.

So if Tickford does go independent then it will be just an independent company like Herrod and Mick Webbs SVO.
That means in the future if an owner of an EA GL 3.2L Cfi 3 speed goes to Tickford to get an exhaust done, therefore that EA will be classified as a Tickford. Status of Tickford will go down me thinks.

What about the TSeries then, surely they will be Tickford still. Ford still need a performance arm just like HSV is to Holden.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
Old 07-21-2002, 18:17   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by V8Uteman351
ive heard that all 4 indipendent arse ends (settings) will be fitted on the production line (not at tickford/prodrive) if ford are doing the tuning and the like "inhouse" this would phase out tickford anyways wouldnt it???
It would make sense that all IRS specs are installed on the production line as this should save time and money.

See http://www.ford.com.au/inside_ford/p...ile=foa116.htm

I'm only speculating, but I'm sure Tickford had some part in the development of the sports IRS. Since they are not fitting the sports suspensions this should free up resources to do more 'juicy' stuff than changing springs and shocks.
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 18:51   #8 (permalink)
Code Monkey

just what excately is the problem for us peoplewho dont get to go to these meetings and have no knowledge on the situation? Ford owns 50%(?) of tickford vehicle engineering, thats the australian arm. or am i wrong again?
kinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 19:00   #9 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Kinobi,

Mate, I am look for definite answers just like yourself, hence this thread. Initally i thought it was all good between Tickford and Ford but a reliable source has informed a few of us otherwise.

Old 07-21-2002, 22:58   #10 (permalink)
Australian AU 1 Futura Member

If Ford thinks it can make a decent performance Falcon without Tickford, it should be reminded of it's past efforts post GT. That's right - nothing! I'm not real confident of Ford's ability to deliver in this area - remember - it's been a fair while since Ford made a decent GT. Do they remember how? Is there anybody working at Ford who actually remembers how to produce a performance Falcon? Geoff has got me hopeful but devorcing the Tickford name would be a big, big mistake...
Duggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub