BA Falcon Value Packs - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2004, 19:21   #1 (permalink)

Read BA Falcon Value Packs

Some exciting news I found......

More Value in Falcon Range
The sports flavour and family appeal of the Ford BA Falcon has just been boosted across the range with the introduction of two special edition Falcon models and a bonus deal on Falcon XR8.

On the back of a record sales result for the BA Falcon XR range during March, Falcon XR8 is now available with 18-inch five-spoke alloy wheels and Prestige Audio System with LCD display screen and 6-disc in-dash CD player, all at no extra charge.

"The BA Falcon XR8 has never looked or sounded better," said Ford Australia Marketing and Sales Vice President Bruce McDonald.

"With a record number of the XR models sold during March, buyers clearly can't get enough of the BA Falcon's sports pedigree and exhilarating performance."

For the sports enthusiast, Ford has also introduced the BA Falcon SR, while the Falcon Classic has been designed to appeal to those looking for a family car for long journeys and family driving.

"With more than $6,000 worth of extra value in the sporty Falcon SR or the entertaining Falcon Classic, buyers now have two more great reasons to choose the multi-award winning BA Falcon," Mr McDonald said.

Based on the BA Falcon XT, both Falcon SR and Falcon Classic offer specific customer oriented features with either a 'sports' or 'family entertainment' flavour.

The exterior of the Falcon SR is enhanced with a V8 Supercar-inspired sports body kit, high arched rear wing spoiler and 17" seven-spoke alloy wheels. A unique 'SR' badge completes the sports exterior look, while the Sports Control Blade Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) is added to the mechanical package.

Falcon Classic will impress passengers as much as the driver, boasting a DVD Entertainment System (DVD/CD/MP3 compatible) to keep the family happy and entertained on long trips. There is also a set of 16" five-spoke alloy wheels and a unique 'Classic' exterior badge to help it stand out on the road.

On the inside, both Falcon SR and Falcon Classic will feature a unique designer sports seat and door trim. Grey trim in a Warm Charcoal environment is the standard trim colour, although red or blue trim is available as an option, depending on the exterior colour chosen.

Falcon SR further adds to its impressive list of features with a sports style leather-wrapped steering wheel to complement the designer interior.

In addition to the standard specification of Falcon XT, Falcon SR and Falcon Classic are both equipped with Sequential Sports Shift automatic transmission, cruise control, Prestige Audio System with LCD display screen and 6-disc in-dash CD player, and rear power windows.

The recommended offer price of the Falcon SR and Falcon Classic is $34,860, excluding dealer delivery and statutory charges.

Falcon SR, Falcon Classic and Falcon XR8 will be available at Ford dealerships from May until the end of September, 2004.

How's the XR8 deal? **** me!
The final paragraph is very interesting, I think confirming BA II release for October.
Blue Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2004, 19:28   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Re: BA Falcon Value Packs

hmm all sounds good.

What does the body kit look like on the SR? Is it just the normal one?

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 19:32   #3 (permalink)
3FB's Peter Pan!!!

Could this be to ramp up sales going into the release of BA II??? Id love to see one of the SR models: looks like some interesting bodykit options for sure. One question though: what does this do for the XR6 variants? I cant see a single mention of it anywhere but seem to remember reading somewhere that it was one of the higher percentages when it came to overall sales of the BA?
Old 04-29-2004, 19:44   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6HP01
Could this be to ramp up sales going into the release of BA II??? Id love to see one of the SR models: looks like some interesting bodykit options for sure. One question though: what does this do for the XR6 variants? I cant see a single mention of it anywhere but seem to remember reading somewhere that it was one of the higher percentages when it came to overall sales of the BA?
I'm assuming the XR6 variants are selling well enough not to need any free extra's. The XR8 probably needs a bit of a kick along hence the pack for it.
CART
NASCAR

FoMoCo - Ford Motorsport Company
Old 04-29-2004, 19:51   #5 (permalink)

pictures!!!
baxr6na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 19:55   #6 (permalink)
I am The Brain

Yeah I agree baxr6na....we need pics!
Old 04-29-2004, 20:04   #7 (permalink)

Sorry, no pics
Old 04-29-2004, 20:43   #8 (permalink)
XD V8 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Racer
I'm assuming the XR6 variants are selling well enough not to need any free extra's. The XR8 probably needs a bit of a kick along hence the pack for it.
I was thinking the same thing. Otherwise why wouldn't they offer it accross the whole XR range.

In regards to the Falcon SR/Classic, more choice is always a good thing as leads to a greater potential market.

Pics here: http://www.fordgallery.com/showgalle...00/ppuser/7796

Ford Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 23:15   #9 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

I've just been to the Territory employee launch and I saw the two commercials that will be used to promote the value packs and they will air on TV tommorow. The SR has the same bodykit that is optional on all non XR models and the same optional 17's. The ads are quite clever and feature Craig Lowndes and Marcus Ambrose. One is driving their V8 Supercar and the other is driving either the SR or Classic and they both go to drag. One ad shows the Classic not moving off the line while the SC roars off and then you see the reason the Classic is not going is because Ambrose is in the back seat watching the DVD player. The other ad is similar but as soon as they are ready to drag the SR dissapears and Ambrose looks on stunned and you hear the voice over say hurry because the SR pack will dissapear fast. Definately the best ads Ford have had for a long time.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 01:11   #10 (permalink)
SBR Supporter

Finally they're doing some good TV ads. I knew they'd have to have another Falcon S or Falcon SR or something, it was odd to me that the BA didn't have that.

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub