BA Stationwagon - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2002, 00:20   #1 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

BA Stationwagon

Saw my first BA Station wagon on the road yesterday and have to say it looks very AU from the rear. Is that the same rear tailgate? It was just unexpected, I expected a move away from the AU look, it was only a glance (at a t intersection, it came from right to left) but at first I don't know whether the back suits, any opinions?
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2002, 00:29   #2 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Yes its the weakest link in the BA line-up, which is why Ford kept it hidden away during the launch.
Old 11-09-2002, 01:06   #3 (permalink)

i thought the AU tailgate was nice.....but it goes without saying, i thought the AU was nice :S
Barra_4_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 01:08   #4 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

its no different to ford keeping the arse end off the ute - holden have also kept the same arse end on their utes and s/ws.
Old 11-09-2002, 01:11   #5 (permalink)
BA at last

The rear of the BA station wagon has not changed from the AU.
Have to admit that I agree it is the weak-link in the range. There was a thread about the possibility of a performance wagon but I can hardly see it happening considering the stance Ford have taken with the BA wagon.

No need to shoot me but I prefer the rear of the VT/VX/VY wagon than that of the AU/BA. (We have to give them something don't we??).
Superoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 01:41   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Superoo

No need to shoot me but I prefer the rear of the VT/VX/VY wagon than that of the AU/BA. (We have to give them something don't we??).
Hate to say this, but so do I. And the Commy load area seems to be more user friendly, even my old thing.
Old 11-09-2002, 02:11   #7 (permalink)
****in Flat Out Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by Superoo
Yes, same here. Well you can't have everything. The BA wagon is the only dissapointment, maintaining the styling and the horse and buggy rear end.

I have read in several places that the wagon is headed for the scrap heap in a few years. It's a shame really, coz judging by the number of wagons getting around, they seem to still be a very popular choice.

If they used the rear styling of the ute on the wagon then it would look gorgeous, but wagon tailgates are a very expensive thing to change. The wagon styling did'nt change a bit from EA-EL, same for XD-XF, and VB-VL / VT-VY.
FFOracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 02:35   #8 (permalink)

The BA wagons are the last. They are to be replaced by the RAPTOR SUV in 2004. Raptor will be in 2wd and 4wd.
Note no Fairmont Wagon, so if you want a luxury wagon, you have to buy the Holden Berlina Wagon, which also has the V8 as an option. Ford have stuffed up again!
casrms1450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 04:02   #9 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by casrms1450

Note no Fairmont Wagon, so if you want a luxury wagon, you have to buy the Holden Berlina Wagon, which also has the V8 as an option. Ford have stuffed up again!
sales figures of the fairmont wagon would suggest that you are wrong there, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good story
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 12:56   #10 (permalink)

BA wagon has also had fuel tank moved to in front of rear axle line. If the claimed improvements of driveability of utes from AUIII to BA has also been achieved with the new wagons then they will be a better drive overall and due to CoG shift this might be expected. Pick the right colour combo and the futura BA wagon is a very nice place to be in. Add traction control, side air-bags, prestige audio, adj pedals, tow pack & roof rack and i think I have my order..
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub