Bad Habbits of Most Drivers - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2004, 23:22   #1 (permalink)

Bad Habbits of Most Drivers

Do you ever wonder why people do what they do on the roads? I think people do a lot of things without first thinking about it. They do it subconsciously.

These are things that annoy me.

1. Philosophy that Speed is the factor for most car crashes
2. If somebody overtakes you, you should flash your lights at them to let them know they did the wrong thing
3. If a car comes up behind you and wants to pass, you should align your car with a car in the other lane to stop them getting past - or jab on your brakes to teach them a lesson (even if they are not tailgating)
4. jabbing on the brakes in front of tailgaters (seldom do people move out the way without putting up a fight)
5. Philosophy that Pedestrians are always in the right
6.. If somebody else breaks the law - even if it's an accident, we should do our part to piss them off to get them back for it (highbeaming, tooting, giving them the bird)
7. Police philosophy that there is no such thing as an accident

Anyone else got anything to add to that list?
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2004, 00:18   #2 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

Re: Bad Habbits of Most Drivers

probably one of the most annoying things is people that drive 20-30kmh UNDER the speed limit. especially annoying when your on the highway and there nowhere to overtake them but as soon as there is they speed up. and these same people that go so slow on the highway and then when you enter a lower speed zone they speed instead.
we had the road blocked here yesterday by the fire brigade (kid got stuck in a 8 metre tall tree hanging over the road) and i was appalled at the majorority of motorists that couldnt perform the simple task of reversing their car back and turning around in the semicourt out the front. 1 nearly backed into a parked car and another did a 9 point turn just to turn around.
oh and guess what age group this was too....wasnt the young 'hoons' either.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:00   #3 (permalink)

Well I was coming in on the Eastern Freeway this morning. Stuck behind a white 1.4 litre Barina being driven at 105kmh. Nothing unusual except that he was drumming with real drumsticks in both hands on the steering wheel for about 10km. Must have been steering with his knees…
REV28K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:49   #4 (permalink)

people that dont realise that the safest speed to merge is the speed the traffics doin not 30km under
EFECTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 02:52   #5 (permalink)

people who are convinced their car is 3 metres wide
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 02:55   #6 (permalink)
Blue Blood

People that exceed the speed limit in a 60km/h zone, and then the same person in the following 80km/h does no more than 70km/h.

45,000km service coming up - and i'll be asking for a sizable list of fixes:
* Gearbox (3rd time)
* Steering click (5th time)
* Brake Shudder (2nd time, and has the applied "Fix")
* etc...
ianmcginley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 03:36   #7 (permalink)

anyone who changes lanes without looking, when i'm on the motorbike (usually results in specified foot dinting doors or kicking off side mirrors)
EFECTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 03:40   #8 (permalink)
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe

people who pass me, thats alright, but pass me coz im on the limit (or a lil over) and then go 10 F'N KAYS UNDER THE F'N LIMIT! that pisses me off,

ppl that pull out infront of me get a blast with my 3 airhorns (they are LOUD)

XE Fairmont Ghia... Silver/Grey Met over black, soon to be v8, cant wait till i get another v8, after 3 LONG HARD YEARS

http://home.iprimus.com.au/diablo_vt/xeesp.swf
MaD_WoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 03:56   #9 (permalink)
Whats traction?

I've got a few:

People that tailgate me when its clear its the car in front is slowing *me* down and I can't around them.

Retards that change into your lane at the last second when approaching a red light to be at the 'front' of the queue... then take off slower than the person in the lane they just jumped out of.

Merging well below the speed limit

The government for causing all of the above problems by focusing on the 'easy' revenue raising target of speeding.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:01   #10 (permalink)
heard it before!

[QUOTE=MaD_WoG]people who pass me, thats alright, but pass me coz im on the limit (or a lil over) and then go 10 F'N KAYS UNDER THE F'N LIMIT! that pisses me off,

ME TOO
ALSO when you're accelerting to 100 on an on ramp to merge and some FOOL trying to merge at 70 decides he can't make it and hits the brakes
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub