The Bad Oil - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2001, 01:51   #1 (permalink)
FordNazi

The Bad Oil

The black stuff of the ages, the life of the party, but even KY struggles to keep them up. Some engines are just not so grand.
Cast back to the boat anchors of yesteryear. The roadside is littered with the cracked and broken corpses of motors long gone. The dynamic duo of dud! The motors that throw more legs out of bed than a St Kilda street walker. The plastic fantastics, the 253 and 3 0 8. They are so bad that they make Alfa’s look reliable.
But the years go by and what was once great now is a has been.
Yet when we turn the looking glass inward, we may spy something dear to our hearts that once was mighty yet is now toothless and withered.
The hallowed 351. Venerable, powerful though antiquated. A big block with small capacity and yet a hunger to match! An engine with the finesse of a Jenny Craig dropout, but without the cred. It was engine for all us Ford lovers to pin our hopes upon but only if we wished to travel in a straight line. Handling. Not even a chance. The shear weight of physics grasping unyieldingly makes resisting plow on understeer an effort comparable to global warming! Horsepower on tap but with compromise.
What I hear you ask? You are not besotted with the legend! How dare you tarnish an icon! But before you leap, take a look, a long close look and ask yourself this question...was a engine barely capable of a 14 second quarter in the days of yore really that fast? In the US of A they were doing 11’s and 12’s! If an old truck engine has a problem moving the most basic of all engine components around its insides...it is a good engine?
If our heart could not freely pump blood would it be legendary? No we would not last. Deteriating bore condition, oil starvation, core shift, and an inability to rev, the 289 and the humble 250 are more deserving of recognition. Big is not always better, unless you are talking silicon enhancement! So why the love of things large and useless. Big car, big schlongs, big macs? Mmmmm big. Its Homer hedonism at its finest! Think big, not big block!
But I do love my Fords, from '69 to '01. I just think to stop and smell the roses every once in a while and not to believe all hype. I will own Fords to the day that I move on, but sometimes it’s easier to tug and to tug when in real life the roads are where the legends are made.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2001, 02:26   #2 (permalink)
Ford Member

HAHA

I didnt know Rex Hunt posted on here! :D :D

ROFL :D :D
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 02:42   #3 (permalink)
gone

Now listen here Ford Nazi

This is your 2nd post and and the 2nd longest post in history, welcome to the forum, but let me guess your an editor of a magazine somewhere???:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 08:25   #4 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Yeah this guys definitly goes all out on his posts.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 12:10   #5 (permalink)

Sure makes for interesting reading.
Old 10-17-2001, 15:56   #6 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Poetry at it finest..

The lads got two posts and both have caused a stir.. good show son.. :D
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 18:13   #7 (permalink)
"Bloody Beautiful"

Question

Where does one find the time to write novels like this.:confused:

I wait with baited breath for your next installment. :thumbup:
TE50 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 19:49   #8 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

Ahh, I think Ford Forums has produced its first philosopher!!!!!!!!!!
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 20:15   #9 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Talk about waxing lyrical!

Have you got any more of whatever you're taking?
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 20:18   #10 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Re: The Bad Oil

Quote:
Originally posted by FordNazi
sometimes it’s easier to tug and to tug when in real life the roads are where the legends are made.
Disregard second sentence my last post.

I see now that too much tugging and not enough time in real life is what's causing this. You need to get out more.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub