Bad traffic in Sydney!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2004, 06:54   #1 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Bad traffic in Sydney!!!

Gee ....have you guys noticed the ridiculous amount of traffic in Sydney lately??Its been snail driving most of the recent days...???Whats the roads like in Melbourne ,brisbane etc...Its getting crazy down here..I have to wonder if i will go on with further mods due to how bad it is..Maybe well end up like China and get pushbikes??
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2004, 07:00   #2 (permalink)
mmm...kilomawatts...aargh

Re: Bad traffic in Sydney!!!

The only thing wrong with the traffic here is that people are driving along constantly applying their brakes to prevent their speed from creeping over the posted limit. Bloody city of speedo watchers. Eyes on the road people.

Falcon GT Club of Australia

FPV & XR Owner's Club of Victoria

I drive, I vote and I'll go out of my way to see you out of government Mr Bracks. You lied your way into power and you lie to keep it. Enough lies!!! You're out of here!
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 07:15   #3 (permalink)
well hung

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Gee ....have you guys noticed the ridiculous amount of traffic in Sydney lately??Its been snail driving most of the recent days...???Whats the roads like in Melbourne ,brisbane etc...Its getting crazy down here..I have to wonder if i will go on with further mods due to how bad it is..Maybe well end up like China and get pushbikes??
as soon as australias population hits 1.3billion like china, then you can start worrying about riding pushbikes. Somehow i dont think that will happen anytime soon here.

I think the traffic problem is more of a management issue when they built the roads years ago. It's only going to get worse, so get use to it.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:33   #4 (permalink)
AUPS Member

Ive noticed the traffic in Adelaide has been getting much worse lately,obvisouly nowhere near as bad as what Sydney or Melbourne would be. I dont think the roads can handle the amount of traffic anymore since more and more people are driving. Plus buses have been giving me the s***s lately!!! All they seem to do is make things worse down here blocking lanes, going 20kph!!!
cheahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 09:19   #5 (permalink)

Agree cheaman. Traffic seems to be getting worse in Adelaide.
I think rising house prices resulting in more equity have led to more cars (ie: 2nd cars) being bought all over the country. The stupid cost of public transport in Adelaide doesn't help either (think it was $6.20 for a day trip ticket)
apparently Adelaide is nothing compared to the eastern states.
The worst thing about it in my opinion is peak hour goes from 3pm to 7pm onwards and our predominantly 2 laned south road can't handle it.
Old 08-12-2004, 16:54   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

Sydneys traffic is pretty bad, atleast winsdor road has gotten a great deal better..

Before you could be stuck in traffic for 3 or 4 hours travelling out to windsor, these days half that time! However once they finish all the new developements this will add a fair bit more traffic and will cancel out.

Interestingly roads that they haven't fixed or repaired, have magically had the speed limited boosted, by 20KMPH! The road that the police used to bully people on (tail gate you in a 4wd and then pull you over for speeding!) was a 60 zone and is now 80 and people are still to affraid to travel at 80!

Traffic at 2:30-4 is pretty bad. Everyone thesedays drives kids to school and picks them up. I belive this is the worst time to drive, the people driving at this time generally are extremely stupid and careless.

I would rather be in wall to wall traffic at 5 than deal with the traffic at 3-4.

Sydneys population is going to grow, its already well past 4 million, I would expect it to hit 5 million in the next 10 years.
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 21:03   #7 (permalink)
«$k8 ø® Ðïè»

yeh apparently were lucky ova ere in WA coz we built our state based on eastern states mistakes ??? so we get hardly ny traffic compared 2 u guyz
Old 08-12-2004, 21:27   #8 (permalink)
Dev 5 Mutant

Traffic at 2:30-4 is pretty bad. Everyone thesedays drives kids to school and picks them up. I belive this is the worst time to drive, the people driving at this time generally are extremely stupid and careless.

I would rather be in wall to wall traffic at 5 than deal with the traffic at 3-4.

I used to live on Briens rd (at the t section where church st and windsor rd meet, nth parra). What a sh*tfight to get out in the afternoon. Stuck between a motorway and a crappy two lane road out of a main city. Dramas. A 2minute drive into parramatta normally could take 30mins+ of driving.

Oh, and leaving the city CBD on a friday afternoon. Forget it. You're almost better having dinner in town til at least 7pm or later before even considering leaving unless of course you want to fight taxis trying to cut u off.

Cam install by Crescent Motorsport, Liverpool

Dyno

Timeslip
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 21:32   #9 (permalink)
SBR Supporter

You wan't traffic? Try going Paramatta Road - M4 Motorway from the CBD at 4:00pm any weekday. Turns a 25 minute drive into 3 hours.
Old 08-12-2004, 21:35   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheahman
Ive noticed the traffic in Adelaide has been getting much worse lately,obvisouly nowhere near as bad as what Sydney or Melbourne would be. I dont think the roads can handle the amount of traffic anymore since more and more people are driving. Plus buses have been giving me the s***s lately!!! All they seem to do is make things worse down here blocking lanes, going 20kph!!!
I was in Adelaide and couldnt find a freeway. One of my mates told me that there arent any, just main road etc, is that true mate?
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub