Barra Ad Ideas - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2002, 22:00   #1 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Barra Ad Ideas

My variations on the "The Game Is Far From Over" concept went down pretty well, so I thought I'd try my luck at a TV commercial idea. Such a good car deserves good advertising. My favourite Ford ad is still the old ute ad, where the guy makes a birthday wish, and the Falcon ute comes falling out of the sky. "Mate, you couldn't have wished for anything better", only to have a hundred slabs of VB fall into the tray. A great ad with humour, and appropriate to the market.

My idea is for a Barra XR ad. Picture this...

Craig Lowndes and Marcos Ambrose, in the racing suits, walking and talking together casually.

Zoom to a close-up of their faces, where they both snap their heads to stare amazed. Cue heavy music, ala the stuff they play on Channel 10 during the Motorsport coverage, or on the news in the sports segments. First song that popped in my head was Motley Crue's "Kickstart My Heart".

Camera shifts to a purple Barra XR8, with bonnet bulge, lowered that little bit extra with big alloys filling the guards. After pausing to admire the car from the outside, the camera rapidly zooms into the car, and focuses on a set keys in the ignition dangling like bait in the unattended car.

Snap back to Lowndes and Ambrose, who now are now staring at each other - then it's on for young and old. They both run for the car, pulling each other down, wrestling through dirt, etc in a desperate bid to get into the drivers seat. In the melee, both Lowndes and Ambrose fall together face first into a pile of mud. They raise their heads from the muck together, when a look of shock appears on their faces.

Snap back to the Falcon, where a beaming John Bowe steps gracefully into the XR, cranks her over, and drives away (emphasising the awesome engine/exhaust note without offending those bloody tv ad hippies), chuckling to himself.

"Falcon XR - you'd do anything to drive one."

End commercial, cueing back to Lowndes and Ambrose. Both sigh, with Ambrose letting his head fall back into the mud.

That would work for me. Makes use of our V8Supercar drivers, has comedy value, and sells the XR as something anyone would want to get their hands on.

What do you think?
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2002, 22:24   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Great ideas but we need some V8 oversteer!!!
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 22:25   #3 (permalink)
"Tickford- Own the road"

VENOM XR

Mate, you should work for Ford's Media & Advertising department.

That sounds like an awesome idea. Funny, eyecatching, with good music, that slammed purple XR8 (or turbo XR6), and Lowndes + Ambrose, I think its a goer!

But, I would put Glenn Seton in place of John Bowe. I realise Bowe does work for Tickford but Glenn needs a boost and is backed by a Ford sponsored team.

Good on you VENOM XR. Now, lets see some more ideas, bring them on and hopefully some people at Ford might read them on the forums.................:s6:

5.4 litre VCT V8, SSS AUTO, HERRODS EXHAUST, MERCURY SILVER, BLACK LEATHER/INTERIOR, TINTS, SUNROOF, SAT NAV, FORD SCUFF PLATES, GHIA MATS, PREMIUM SOUND, SLIMLINE WEATHER SHIELDS, BONNET PROTECTOR, TOW BAR, BLAH BLAH.......
tickford5400i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 22:36   #4 (permalink)
Cheerful Idiot

My first thread I ever started (those were the days :s5) was along similar lines. Some great ideas too!

http://discussions.fordforums.com/sh...ighlight=ideas
Ford Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 22:39   #5 (permalink)
HSV eater

Thats a fantastic idea.I would have a silver XR8 racing around a dark race track on a dark stormy day (i.e A hell of a drive ad in car magazines) With the ad beginning when the engine starts up. As the car progresses around the track, the engine note builds to a crescendo with speed, with Limp Bizkits My Way playing in the background. Ath the end the car does several donuts , getting faster and faster until it is blurry, at which point it blooms in to the "We have ignition" part.
Old 07-24-2002, 22:39   #6 (permalink)

I think you need an ex-Holden driver instead of Bowe - Ingall anyone? Just adds to the attractiveness of the package extending *even* to Holden drivers!

Great add, though - after you explained it I could see it replayed in my head as if I'd actually seen it on telly! Good stuff!

Jase.
Old 07-24-2002, 22:50   #7 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Actually, if Ingall was confirmed as signing up to Ford, then he would be a better choice.

I actually wouldn't mind a career change - job offers are most welcome. :s3
Old 07-24-2002, 22:59   #8 (permalink)
HSV eater

That would be pointless. Ingall is too old.Check out my add idea
Old 07-24-2002, 23:09   #9 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

As Jase pointed out, the symbolism of Ingall stepping into a Falcon XR has a lot of merit - it's far from pointless. Age isn't an issue here. That's why I used John Bowe. The young guys are Lowndes/Ambrose, doing all they can to get into the car. Bowe, too wise to be fighting in mud over the car, just casually drives away with it.
Old 07-24-2002, 23:12   #10 (permalink)
------

I just get excited thinking about a Purple XR with a Bonnet Bulge...

Bring it on!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub